A big thank you

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
Thanks you Chaz for helping me with Ruckus. With your advice and ideas, also the help of some research and talking with my new behaviorist Ruckus is doing much better so far.

I didnt post about this, but a few weeks ago Ruckus bit my mother's boyfriend. Well, actually he nipped him. It didnt break the blood but it was enough to really open up my eyes. I found a trainer to come to my home and work with me and Ruckus. Her set up reminds me of the show "its me or the dog" She came and spent a few hours with me giving me tips and advice. Left me a long list of things to remember, and do. She will be back in a month to review our progress. I can call her anytime and she will answer any of my questions, and even come over if she has to. She has 17 yrs of experience and I am very happy so far.

Already he is almost completely ignoring cars! And when a visitor walks in he is not longer barking and lunging. He is setting at my feet staring at me. We have mainly been working on the "Watch Me" command and it works wonders as long as i do it BEFORE he reacts.
I honestly think that i would had kept sugar coating Ruckus reactivity and aggression if it wasnt for you guys.

Members online