Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Train Off Trick #1 winner?
Pit and skKi 24 80.00%
Duke and Kayla 2 6.67%
Lucy and Muttsandaboston 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

Default Train Off Trick #1 VOTING

Okay since I cannot post this in the training section (no poll option) it's going here and mods can move it to the training section if they can get the poll there.

Alright, voting time for our three contestants Pit, Duke and Lucy and their wonderful trainers skKi, Kayla and Muttsandaboston! Remember everyone we are voting for who appears to have done the best training, don't simply vote for your favorite Chaz dog look at the dog's attitude and completion of the task. See if he/she looks confused, stressed or nervous or if he/she appears relaxed or has a wagging tail. See if the dog looks enthusiastic or bored and you can also look at creativity. Good luck everyone!
Here are the videos:

Pit+skKi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H216INjXfQQ

Duke+Kayla: http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/th_ClosetheDoorChroniclespart3002.jpg

Lucy+Muttsandaboston: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGWg629juVo

Great job you three! And for anyone who wants to participate in the second train off get to work it has already begun, it is the great hot dog retrieve!(for more information go to the training section).

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Bored Now.

This is probably obvious, but it is important to note: YOU MUST WATCH ALL THREE VIDEOS BEFORE VOTING.

Please do not vote if you only watch one or two of them - please give all the contestants the chance they deserve and view them all.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Puppy Dog

Love all the videos! Lucy had a fun time learning this as you can see in the video she is very enthusiastic and happy.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
woop

She really is. Lucy is incredibly cute.. I love how she throws herself at the door.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Walks into Mordor

Oooh! I've gotta see these!

EDIT: BTW, these train-off challenges are a GREAT idea! I wish I had a video camera, so I could try this too.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

a lot of digital cameras have a video option, they are usually not a great quality but it gets the job done, you could even borrow one from a friend, video tape your dog, load the video onto photobucket (or wherever) delete your video from their camera and return it. i still have not voted yet lol, hard to choose!!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Those are all really cute videos! They all did such a great job!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Dafuq?

I didn't even know we were having a train-off. How cool! Is there going to be another one? I'd like to teach Loki to throw things in the trash, and this would be a nice motivator to start on that project.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 07-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

Agreed the videos turned out great, all of the dogs have loose happy faces which is great to see Good job to my two co- contestents

Bahamutt we've got a second training challenge going on that just opened today so drop by the training section to enter and get details. The second contest closes August 10th.

I really love the idea of having these kinds of things, great way to improve the communication between dog and owner and to help you and your dog tackle hard tasks as a team.

Duke- 8 & a half year old awesome man (Shep Cross)

Maverick- 5 year old Border Collie *Exercise Maniac*

Odie- 5 year old Elkhound *Ball of Cute*
Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Top Dog

I forgot to say that this poll closes Sunday, so everyone should have a chance to vote, It's your civic duty to the forum . I also think this was a great idea, it got people to start training and having fun with their dogs, I never think of half these tricks to train.

And yes Baha, the next trick is in the training section and it's teaching your dog to retrieve a hot dog...without eating it. If you want to propose the #3 trick after this one ends feel free, just make sure to post is as soon as the #2 training period is over, if you wait too long someone else will surely pick a trick themselves. Hey maybe we could train the dogs to put stuff away in a bucket (close enough to throwing out trash right?). When you say what the next trick is you'll also have to say how long it is going to last. The first trick (door closing) lasted one week and the hot dog retrieve is lasting two because it is more difficult.