Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA
so then if so alike...wehat made u want a harrier over beagle or hound....and why female
I really like big dogs, and I havn't decided upon a female or male. The breeder is female. But I have heard that female puppies make great family pets. I am probably going to get whichever that chooses me. Oh, and I couldn't find any Foxhound breeders, so I went with the Harrier
Old 07-23-2005, 01:44 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Lea, many breeds come about that way. The labrador is from the newfie and the springer spaniel.
Richie..9 weeks is a good indication about your breeder, i am very happy to read this.What brought you to decide on this breed..beagles can be very stubborn..i don't know what fox hounds are like, have never had the pleasure of working with one.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
Lea, many breeds come about that way. The labrador is from the newfie and the springer spaniel.
Richie..9 weeks is a good indication about your breeder, i am very happy to read this.What brought you to decide on this breed..beagles can be very stubborn..i don't know what fox hounds are like, have never had the pleasure of working with one.
Well, my dad and I sat down at the table and talked about different breeds. We decided upon a Hamilstovare (spelling?), but I found out by Renee (I should've read more about it, got too excited) that they are quite rare in the states. There was only one breeder and he lived in Texas... So I started researching on the Fox Hound, found no breeders in my area. So I went with the Harrier. I read that they are quite rare and that unless you live in the West Coast you will not find much breeders in the US. I called one breeder (who turned out to be a jerk ) And then I found this breeder... hopefully she's good. Yes, Harriers can be stubborn like the beagle, but they are both food motivated which is good.

Here's some information on the Fox hound

Here's the breeder's website
Old 07-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Manchesters

Default Wow!

That breeder's dogs are very impressive. AKC Champions and all that good stuff, as well as dogs that are health tested. But I shudder to think what you will pay for one of those puppies! $1000 is what I would expect the price to start at!!!!!