Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Squishy22

Exclamation Chaz postings gone wrong.

Here at chaz, as with any other forum, I have witnessed and personally experienced postings that have been taken the wrong way. I think people need to be more sensitive to the fact that we are typing words on a computer screen, so things can be misinterpreted.

I know this has happened to many other members, and fights have been started over something someone said or asked that was taken the wrong way.

As much as I recommend people to think twice before posting... please think twice before assuming ill intentions of a fellow poster. In any case, I think sometimes you should give the person a benefit of the doubt instead of immediately attacking them or going on the defense for it, especially after they have explained themselves.

Here at chaz, I dont think anyone should be afraid of asking questions or stating their opinion for fear of being attacked. Personally, I like to hear everyones opinions whether I agree with them or not. I do not believe there is a rule here that forbids asking questions as long as you aren't trying to create a fight.

This goes for all sections of this forum, breeding, training, dog breeds, general dog, etc....

Just something to remember and I know some people can relate.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Twin 2.0

As an aside, I also think at the same time, members need to know when to let things die in their natural course. We've all come across this before and have lost various people because certain threads were not left to run their natural course.

So, let's call it "intelligent free speech".
Old 07-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Couch Pototoe City

One of the big problems on the internet is just as stated- words in typing. No voice inflection, no tone of voice and is dependant on the how the reader perceives the written word. ( or even their mood at the time..) One can not " hear" the pain in someones post- the "pain" in their voice- the hurt etc.
One of the reasons I am looking forward to these meet ups is just for that reason. So people can meet the person behind the words. At least when you talk with someone on the phone or in person, its easier to see when something that is being said has uh maybe gone too far, or when its time to drop a subject..
Old 07-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

I tend to think of the tone it was written .....we all have foot in mouth disease at times !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Squishy22

I think there is a difference between statements made and questions asked. It might be hard to understand the intentions of a poster who makes a statement of some sort. But to fault a person for merely asking a question out of curiosity is another thing.

With both situations, I think its best to ask the poster about their intentions if you aren't sure about what they are getting at, instead of attacking them or getting at them for it. Telling a person what they can and cannot ask here is another issue also.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

Reggin, I am trying to figure out what you are looking for here. If you are trying to restart the issue from the other thread, which I suspect is the case, it isn't going to go anywhere good, just think about what you are doing, OK?

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 07-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Who woulda thought <3

iz confuzzled
Old 07-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Twin 2.0

I tend to be a real big fan of the "LET IT DIE" philosophy. I've got a pretty good idea what the background behind this thread is and as such, recommend my philosophy.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Well THAT's boring

Just kidding

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Twin 2.0

Yes, but as I'm both caffeine-deprived and just got slapped with "the curse", boring would be better for everyone.