Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 09-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeller View Post
there should be classes taught to know conformation before your allowed to breed dogs i see so many breeders not knowing this new stance on on rotts whats it hiding ?? the rear end
There already is. It's called "showing/working your dog".

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 AM
BigDogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheplovr View Post
I am a Breeder and import all my dogs from Puppies from Germany and the Netherlands. Somebody has to breed good pure bred dogs for people that do not care to adopt or rescue. I am conscious of breeding fine parents and work hard with my puppies to prepare them for the homes they are going into. I also flight mine from any state and prep them for this, they arrive very happy n healthy. It is alot of work so one is lucky when breaking even with constant feeding, buying food for puppies to wean them, working to prepare them daily often and feeding all the other Shepherds I own. It is not a good profit when breeding because of trying to keep the standard and being a love hobby of.
and all the people said "AMEN"
Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Puppy Dog

i tried to read the link but it won't work.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie20099 View Post
The most important thing that every dog breeder needs to have is knowledge about the breed.
Agreed obviously.
Quote:
By knowledge about the breed, we do not mean you read a book on the particular breed. We mean that you and your family grew up with that breed and have years of first-hand experience with the breed in question, as well as, its specific needs.
I agree that you should have some serious passion for the breed, but I don't think it's necessary to have "grown up" with the breed. People find their favorite breed in all ages and ways.
Quote:
Also, you need to have plenty of space to exercise the dogs and a rural setting or a farm with a large property is usually preferred.
Depends on the breed.
Quote:
Breeding dogs in the city is not recommended, especially considering that there are restrictions in some places on how many dogs you can have in your household and you do not know how your neighbors will react to your dogs.
I don't agree. Unless you're running a mill there's no reason to have so many dogs your neighbors are complaining and you're breaking the law. It's less to do with the "city" and more to do with your specific area.