Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-22-2005, 12:51 PM
no touchy

What an adorable little thing!! I'm guessing a little bit of lab, rottweiler, and collie.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Top Dog

I agree that the markings are rottweiler, but I don't think he has rott in him. He looks more collie or hound-like to me. Keep in mind that often we assume a dog is a mix of two breeds when really both parents could have been mixes and then we just have a heinz 57 and that is what I think you have in this little guy
Old 07-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Active Pup

I am going to say collie. My dog Chuckie was a sheltie mix and he looks almost exactly the same. He could still have rotti in him, but I would not say so based just on the color pattern. Here is a picture of Chuckie:

Old 07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he looks like when he grows up. I just don't know what to do, I want him but he's a really big handful for me and my husband. My husband wants to "try it and see" but I would rather not get him bonded with us and us to him if we will end up finding him a new home. Sometimes my husband makes me REALLY mad. He was the one that was saying 3 dogs is enough and now he's just like "oh well, what's one more?" I don't know what to do, the puppy is slowly starting to win me over and I know if we keep him any longer I'm not gonna want to give him away. We're gonna make our decision today though so I'll let everyone know what we decide on. Right now we are going to get him some bowls and a couple toys.

Old 07-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Top Dog

awww, how cute! He's adorable! Just keep him, what's one more, lol I try to tell that to Tony all the time. Still a 3rd dog is a no-go! However, you have to do what you feel is right. Keep him another day and I bet your hooked, lol Good Luck with your decision.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:36 PM
a.k.a: agilitydobemom

o.k Juliefurry I think he is husky/ rott mix and I am going to send you a pm on him too he is just to cute

He sends the special ones to us when we are least expecting them
Old 07-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Rusty but Trusty

well this is Maverick (the puppy's) mom. The shelter says she is a husky/collie mix.

Old 07-22-2005, 08:25 PM
no touchy

I don't really see collie in Maverick. She's cute, though!
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:28 PM
yuckaduck

Nope me either I see shepherd/husky or rotti/husky hard to say for sure and hard to tell off of a picture. Could be hound in there too. Are you keeping him? He is cute but it is hard to keep up I know and I only have one. Also very costly to feed and keep up vet appointments. Do what is right for you and the pup? Good luck I know you will do what is best.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Love my pets

Julie, have you made a decision? If you do decide to keep him, we'll be here to listen to you whenever you need to vent about having 2 puppies in the house besides the other pets. I have to say he is cute.