Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default breed of puppy

Ok, I'm going to make a long disaterous story short. Somebody got me this puppy from a shelter and the adoption papers said it was a husky/collie mix. The thing is this puppy SCREAMS rottweiler to me. He's got the face of a rott and you can tell he's going to be a big boned dog as well. What do people here think he is. I didn't name him yet because I don't know if I am going to keep him. He's cute but it's just TOO much.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Iggy and Kitty Mom

How CUTE is he???!!! His face does look like a rott, but I'm no dog expert.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

After studying rottweiler faces on google, I'm thinking it's a rottie mix. His face looks too long and narrow to be a purebred to me
Old 07-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I know it's not purebreed the mother was at the shelter as well. She was a small border collie looking thing. She was a greyish black. I'm just exhausted, we tried to get him back to the shelter and they wouldn't take him because we weren't the people that adopted him in the first place.

Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Big German Shepherd

Well, it actually looks like a Husky/Rottweiler mix to me. Cute though.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Active Pup

so yur not gonna keep him
Old 07-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Top Dog

OMG!!! Julie, why don't you want him?? He's adorable. Doesn't matter what breed... He's gonna grow up2 be a lovable cutie. I don't see any husky in him. Although im no expert. I see rotty definetly. Don't bring him back to the shelter... If you sadly don't want him, find a home for him that'll love him. Who wouldn't want him. lol. how is he with your other two dogs? Keep us posted about what your deciding.

Skyhigh
Old 07-22-2005, 06:11 AM
Top Dog

Did your friends know that you're not allowed to adopt a dog for someone else? That being said, the shelter are not really reliable if they won't take a dog back, no matter who is bringing it back! That's insane.

That being said, he's cute, I don't see rottweiler though, but definitely beagle. What size is he?
Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Rusty but Trusty

yeah they knew that shouldn't do that. They put on the adoption papers it was for them and then just showed up with him. I don't know why the shelter wouldn't take him back when we brought him but that was their excuse. I think it's because they recieved like a dozen puppies yesterday. Well he's 9 weeks old now and he weighs a little under 10 lbs. His paws are huge though and the vet said it looks like he's gonna be a big dog. If the mother is still available for adoption today they will have her picture on the website and I will try to post it here. I was looking at collie pictures and he has the markings of a color sort of (the black, brown, and white collies). The vet said he could possibly be rottweiler but those could also be the collie markings.

Old 07-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Rusty but Trusty

oh yeah, we have 3 other dogs and he gets along ok with them. Shelby loves him, she thinks he's her baby or something. Hannah plays just a little too rough with him, and Mack just doesn't even pay attention to him. My hubby wants to keep him (he named him Maverick). It's not that I don't want to keep him, I just don't know if I can handle another puppy right now we just got through all the housebreaking and all that bad stuff and I don't know if I can go through all of it agian. Plus he is the WORST at being in a crate or not seeing us. I was up all last night walking around with him because that is the only way I could get him to sleep and if I laid down he'd wake up. Well me and my hubby took turns with him and walking him.