Cricket painting

bcmoffatt

totally normal
I gave oil painting a try while I was up north on the weekend. I've never been much of a painter, and I've only really tried acrylic.

I liked working in oil. I was happy with the way this painting was going. It's not done, as I didn't have time to let it dry. I only got to work on it for 2 days. My mom loved it, and wouldn't let me bring it home! LOL! So sorry about the quality, as I had to take a photo, and it was hard to get it to turn out because the painting was very wet and shiny.

I'll work on it again when I go up in August. I also started one of Kena.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
OMG thats so good!!!

I am so sending my pets to you so you can paint them! :)

bcmoffatt

totally normal
It's absolutely gorgeous!

*sends Izzy and Frodo for bc to paint*
LOL! I can't! I think that painting was a fluke, and I'll never be able to do one that nice again! Cricket was way easy to paint, compared to a husky. He's so monotone, and the way his fur flows, I can do that with brush strokes. My Kena painting is not coming along as nice as that one did! :eek:

bcmoffatt

totally normal
love it! Never could get used to oils--I always over work them!
Thanks!

I was really tempted to keep picking at it, instead of leaving it to dry, which would have ruined it. I have to add the white spot on his nape, and start cleaning it up. It should be nice and dry by the next time I'm up there.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
lol Grammy said rock on.:D

U caught the joy..and that is a big thing to me. Nothing looks out of wack, it has great flow. I am very much looking forward to seeing more work from you, you have talent.

Dekka

Just try me..
NICE!

I like oils, but I too tend to keep 'fiddling' and it ends up muddy. Great job, if feels like Cricket.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Annnd this painting has just shamed me into vowing to bust out my paints and try doing something again. It's AWESOME.

Snip

Banned
Painting Cricket

I have to wonder, aren't they awful small to paint? And wouldn't they chirp in protest? How does one hold a cricket to paint it anyway???:rofl1::rofl1:

Couldn't resist!!! The actual painting looks awesome!!

Romy

Taxiderpy
I love it! You picked some gorgeous colors for the background, and I love how glossy his eyes are. His fur looks totally sculpted.

M

MyHorseMyRules

That's beautiful! I wish I could paint! I would love to have one of Raja. Can't wait to see what you do with the painting of Kena!

Members online

No members online now.