Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 09-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Active Pup

I do not make rugs I am a man of god spreading allah's glorious word to the west
Old 09-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Big Dog

Mr peterson, I find your post very offensive. If I had your attitude, I would not have had the last 2 glorious years with Serene. I would have taken her back and "Demanded a better dog" when to me there is no such thing. I thought in your intro you said you loved dogs!?! you don't just kill the imperfect ones and get a better one...They are like people and NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!!! You take patience, love and understanding, and help them become wonderful additions to your family...YOU DON'T KILL THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE EATEN A FEW MATERIAL POSSESSIONS!!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Felurian

Well said, Kathy! These creatures teach us many things; one of the most important is patience. My Shiva is a wonderful, glorious, loving creature . . . and she forages. That's a polite way of saying that she takes spells where she rummages all over the kitchen helping herself. The peanut butter has taken up permanent residence on the top of the refrigerator - the only place she can't reach. She loves it and will steal the jar any time she gets half a chance, unscrew the lid, eat what she wants, and hide the rest of the jar for later. When she starts this behaviour again she has to stay in the laundry room when we're gone. After a few days, she's ready to rejoin Bimmer and Kharma in the house when we leave.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Big Dog

Shiva a sneaky one isn't she Renee!? And clever enough to hide the jar for later! What a smart girl!
It just made me sick to hear euthanizing a dog given as a suggestion as opposed to training. Personally I think rescue dogs DO test you at the beginning..."What are you going to do to me, now that I've done bad?!" They've been dumped, or abused, in Serene's case we were at least her 4th home in 11 mths, that we KNOW of! She changed who I am though. I had to develop patience that I never knew I had...and it's worth it! I wouldn't trade 1 Beanie kiss for a thousand pairs of shredded undies...They're replaceable, she's not!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Felurian

ROFL - Kathy, I hope you don't get those kisses AFTER she's done shredding! I went through that with Bimmer when he was a pup. Kharma and Shiva carry off socks and hide them - among other things. Kharma hides everything; any of Shiva's toys she gets hold of, plastic water bottles, but her favorites are electronics. She loves remotes! I wonder if she does it because she senses my frustration with Charley the Channel Surfer?! The wild thing about Shiva hiding things is that it is a learned behaviour for her. Before we brought Kharma home she never hid anything. She's one of the most linear dogs I've ever seen. Kharma, on the other hand, is Diva Devious and the Brat Princess.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:13 AM
JamesPeterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy74
Mr peterson, I find your post very offensive. If I had your attitude, I would not have had the last 2 glorious years with Serene. I would have taken her back and "Demanded a better dog" when to me there is no such thing. I thought in your intro you said you loved dogs!?! you don't just kill the imperfect ones and get a better one...They are like people and NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!!! You take patience, love and understanding, and help them become wonderful additions to your family...YOU DON'T KILL THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE EATEN A FEW MATERIAL POSSESSIONS!!!!!
Well, to me a dog that destroys my house is a bad dog and a dog who doesn't is a good dog. Thats why I buy my dogs as puppies. So I can train them to not destroy my house. You have to make them understand that you wont stand for your stuff to get ruined.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Felurian

I can honestly say that I've never had a problem with any of the adult dogs I've adopted destroying anything at all or causing any problems. "But," to quote Brett Favre, "that's just me."
Old 09-23-2004, 11:05 AM
JamesPeterson

Well then I guess you have all the luck. To me buying a used dog is like getting married to a prostitute. They both were already payed for and used. Now it is your responsibility.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Ben Sada

I usually have my negihbors watch my dog I live in rural Texas 49 miles outside Houston it is called Gavelston Texas it is a Farm community so there is plenty of running room for them to play!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Big Dog

Well, Mr Peterson, you keep buying your perfect purebreds, and I'll keep adopting them out of shelters after IDIOTS dump them for being "BAD DOG"!!!
"buying a used dog is like getting married to a prostitute", come on, they have been thrown away by uncaring people. So do you also believe that children who end up in foster care THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN should never be adopted to loving families who want to give them a better life!?! I read in your intro that you breed your dogs, well, any caring breeder SHOULD ALSO RESCUE!!!