Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Iggy and Kitty Mom

Default Puppy's big day

I've been taking Raika on walks around the neighborhood since she was tiny, but today I thought I'd take her to a more crowded area with a walking trail to see how she would react to lots of people and other dogs. It was pretty hot so we didn't walk that long, maybe half a mile, but she did really well! She wanted to talk to everyone she saw and she would sit and let people pet her without nipping at all. I was such a proud mama! She also had her first experience with ducks...I don't think she knew what to think. She just kept staring at them but didn't try to run after them or anything. Since we didn't walk that long, we didn't see any other dogs, just people, but she's getting much better with other dogs. She's still intimidated by some, but she's getting a little braver. She has a dog "buddy", Sophia, that comes by every day. They are so funny together that it makes me want to get her a playmate, but I don't think I could handle that.

Just wanted to share how proud I am of my little girl! Oh yeah, she also has 'sit' and 'shake' down pat now!