Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Snow Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
I dont get why some standards do not list proper weight. Does that mean that the dog could be of any weight? What if one person has a different idea of what a "medium" sized dog is than another person?
With the Neo standard, they used to have it that the dogs could way up to 150Lbs because they found that for the most part, the dogs weighing over 150Lbs were no longer functional. They have since changed that which I think is a HUGE mistake since now over-done 180Lbs hippos are allowed in the ring >_<

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I dont get why some standards do not list proper weight. Does that mean that the dog could be of any weight? What if one person has a different idea of what a "medium" sized dog is than another person?
Quote:
The West Highland White Terrier is a small, game, well-balanced, hardy looking terrier, exhibiting good showmanship, possessed with no small amount of self-esteem, strongly built, deep in chest and back ribs, with a straight back and powerful hindquarters on muscular legs, and exhibiting in marked degree a great combination of strength and activity.
The ideal size is eleven inches at the withers for dogs and ten inches for bitches. A slight deviation is acceptable.
The Westie is a compact dog, with good balance and substance. The body between the withers and the root of the tail is slightly shorter than the height at the withers. Short-coupled and well boned.
http://westieclubamerica.com/

IMO, that gives a clear indication on what a WHWT should look like even though weight isn't brought up. Unfortunately for others.... not so much.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Like our standard just lists height and weight is said to be 'in proportion to the height'.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:01 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I like those Rotties, those Dobes, not really.