Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
Reggin, do not equate an "International Champion" title with a Championship title from AKC. The requirements for a UCI In'tl CH title are quite loose.
Oh, ok. I was wondering what the "international champion" thing was all about.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Lord Cynical

Pretty much anything can get an International championship. They're very pricey to get though - you have to pay out the nose (in fees and entry costs) to get the title.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
It said nothing in regards to neck, chest, or anything of the light. That is the fancy going towards a trend - same as the fancy in the US goes right now for dogs that are overangulated, with such extreme angles they can barely move, with extremely long necks with not enough musculature, etc.
I agree with you there - these are trends, and the trends are different on both sides of the ocean... neither is good IMO.

Quote:
Looking at the original dobermans 100 years ago, the dobermans being bred today in EITHER country don't resemble them very much, either- the breed has changed. The "American" doberman doesn't look like the "dobes of old" either.
Again I agree. I don't think I said that American dobes looked like the older dobes - at least I didn't mean to imply that. I just see more dobes with American/Canadian breeding (as well as UK dogs) that, to me, vaguely resemble the early German imports. It's a breed, it changes and evolves - it doesn't stay exactly the same no matter which country it's born in.

Quote:
We need to get to the moderate, solid dogs and they exist on BOTH sides of the atlantic ocean - nice compact dogs, good toplines, good angulation in the front and rear, pleasant to look at.
Totally agree. I'm all for moderate making a comeback...

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
F150 and a .30-06

I find in Dobies at least there are 3 distinct types.

South American - Way to many angles

North American - My Personal Preferance. Wich I find IMO that they are more correct

European - Heavy bone, and a bit to clunky.

There is a fine line, as stated before, in nice bone and to much bone that they cant do the job.

Although there are exceptions to eveything

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Active Pup

Default conformation

dont matter size iv seen large dogs win because they move right some line in dobs are etra large some are small look at mary white s dobs there small but can move right shes always winning look at victor in rotts he sure done his fair share of winnings and cannon river sure was great and many of his lines where winning . you do need the correct conformation all breeds are the same they look different but must have a correct conformation
Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeller View Post
dont matter size iv seen large dogs win because they move right some line in dobs are etra large some are small look at mary white s dobs there small but can move right shes always winning look at victor in rotts he sure done his fair share of winnings and cannon river sure was great and many of his lines where winning . you do need the correct conformation all breeds are the same they look different but must have a correct conformation
My head hurts. Can you explain your last statement, in bold, more (with some decent grammar and punctuation, please)?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:12 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
dont matter size iv seen large dogs win because they move right

Im not sure what you mean exactly but size does matter. There is a writen standard that all dogs are judged against. Yes a large or smaller dog may win but that is because they have fewer faults than the next dog, and yes size is a fault.

[QUOTE=zeller;1102512 look at mary white s dobs there small but can move right shes always winning [/QUOTE]

Quote from the AKC on dobe size:
Height at the withers: Dogs 26 to 28 inches, ideal about 27 inches; Bitches 24 to 26 inches, ideal about 25 inches. The height, measured vertically from the ground to the highest point of the withers, equalling the length measured horizontally from the forechest to the rear projection of the upper thigh. Length of head, neck and legs in proportion to length and depth of body.
Dobermans are NOT a large breed. Now I am not personaly familure with her dogs. However 24 inches is just 2 feet. So chances are they are standard dobermans. Maybe you are just used to seeing the groescly oversized dobes that alot of BYB's are producing nowdays.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Active Pup

Default size

you mean over size ididnt mean that if a dog is over size thejudge can measure and make the dog leave the ring if a dog id good conformation it can look large or small depending on the buildt some dogs are verycompact some are slender but all types they need good conformation
Old 06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
you mean over size ididnt mean that if a dog is over size thejudge can measure and make the dog leave the ring if a dog id good conformation it can look large or small depending on the buildt some dogs are verycompact some are slender but all types they need good conformation
Yes, and height is part of cood conformation. If they are to built they loose what they need to do thier origional job. A rottie looking dobe is NOT a good thing

Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Size DOES matter.