Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-19-2005, 10:04 AM
I want 2 b a dog 4 a day

My friend has 2 rotties from the same litter. They are 5 years old and she has never had any problems whatsoever. They know who the boss is (her) and neither is dominant over the other. I kind of think of it as having more than one child. They're going to argue sometimes, and they're going to fight, but in the end they still love each other and you still love them, so why in the world would you not want to have more than one (puppy or person, whatever lol). I could never have just one dog. I have three, and I didn't get any of them at the same time. I had Jasmine for almost a year before I adopted Katy. And then I adopted Maggie about 8 months later. They miss each other if one is gone, and yes they are buddies, but they are my best friends. I don't know where the article that was posted came from, or where the person that came up with that information came from, but hmmm... I just don't know haha.

www.dogster.com/?245038
www.dogster.com/?245035.
www.dogster.com/?245031
Old 07-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Show Dog

Okay, I've heard some stories that having 2 puppies from the same litter worked out fine but mostly I've read that it's not a good idea. We are getting worried that maybe we jumped to quick into getting two and we shouldn't have. We have two children (4 and 6) and are worried that if the puppies bond together and not with them that we will have problems the older they get. HELP!!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Felurian

Dani, now that you know the pitfalls you can avoid them as long as you keep them in mind. Having two young children should help to distract the puppies from each other as well, I'd think. Keep the pups attention focused more on the kids and you than on each other. You might even gradually wean the pups away from sleeping together, maybe putting a bed in each of your children's rooms (if they have separate rooms). Use your imagination and common sense and you'll have two happy pups and two happy kids.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I agree with renee. Thats a good suggestion. having young children running around the house will probably keep the puppies distracted lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Top Dog

Having two young children is going to help a lot I think Renee gives tons of ideas, but knowing children they will probably want to play with one dog at a time, which is going to help a lot...

You have any pic of the puppies? They must be adorable.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:38 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

we each had our own special dog..Bronki was mine, Mary went to sleep with AAron, Tatey with Mypy..i think that is a dog's dream world..to be someone's special. The hardest part for me was not showing all the dogs equal attention (then they would all be my dog) but having each child take care of "their" dog..walking, playing, feeding, and of course sleeping..it worked out fine. Mypy was about the same age as your oldest and she a tatey bonded well.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Show Dog

Thanks for all the positive thoughts! We are going to give it our best try, keep your fingers crossed for us. I tried to attach a picture, hopefully it worked. If it did, Daisy has the rainbow collar and Jedi has the black collar.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Show Dog

Well, I tried to do the picture. I have it under my profile picture but it isn't showing up. I will keep trying...
Old 07-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Big German Shepherd

Your puppies are beautiful. Yeah, I heard that puppies from the same litter are a lot harder to control.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

They're really cute