Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Aging Canine Advocate

i think breeding heavily overbred dogs is wrong... labs come to mind... the world doesn't need any more labs!
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:04 AM
CASSA

Smile

To OHM:

Truth is when u take on backyard breeders or millers or commercial breeders you are then stalked.

So many breeders who do the rigth thing STOP breeding . Because they can NOT handle the stress of being chased by bad breeders.

I was stalked at the UKC premier by backyard breeders and friends there of, one of whicih is a member here. Her boyfriend spammed my board with attacks, followed me at the show, and took pics of my dogs after he was asked not to do start net attacks.

Pls note I dont know this man but he is buds with a backyard breeder and he himself is a backyard breeder.

So doing the RIGTH thing means your life can be changed.

When i put people in jail on Fri nite for stealing at the stores I did LP at .
They would try to kill me knowing that no fix till monday mourning bail out time in front of judge. But weeks later they would see me and say heh honey sorry i was in a bad way.
They neve stalked me.

You take on bad breeders online expect visitors to follow you, or you online boards to be hacked or spammed, or calls to your house, your pics stolen, stories made up , no rules in war and when u take money or ego from these breeders they declare WAR.

Hide your address , get PO Box get a unlisted number be carefull.
Your intention may be grand but end result will be anxiety.

However I am againest requireing spay and neuter it can KILL a big dog if done to early, it can kill a rare breed gene pool and it can kill a breeders line .
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].

Last edited by planet molosser; 06-26-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzie View Post
i think breeding heavily overbred dogs is wrong... labs come to mind... the world doesn't need any more labs!
So what would you say to people who love labs? Sorry you want a pup, get a byb or mill one out of rescue? Sorry you have to spay neuter all the best examples so when the population gets down you will then have no stock to start up with again?

I don't get statements like this. There are lots of lab breeders because lots of people want labs. Should people get a different breed? Why? Good breeders dogs don't end up in shelters or rescues, so they are not part of the problem anyway.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
So what would you say to people who love labs? Sorry you want a pup, get a byb or mill one out of rescue? Sorry you have to spay neuter all the best examples so when the population gets down you will then have no stock to start up with again?

I don't get statements like this. There are lots of lab breeders because lots of people want labs. Should people get a different breed? Why? Good breeders dogs don't end up in shelters or rescues, so they are not part of the problem anyway.
I totally agree with you here! We had a lab we bought from a breeder because we had specific needs in a lab (Field bred hunting dog in this case). Most labs you see are the result of the bad breeders and just could not do the work we needed. (Either physical problems or a lack of drive) Why is breeding a well bred labrador wrong whereas in other breeds it's okay? These breeds still need to be preserved and the legions of terrible breeders out there are certainly not going to do it.

Even for a family wanting a quality labrador for a pet there should be the option of being able to purchase a well bred labrador. There's a lot of reasons to go the responsible breeder route.

I think labs are popular for a reason- they're really good dogs for a lot of people.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
CASSA

Labs are the #1 breed in my area for grooming shops.
Most are not show bred but do not reflect inbreeding in the way of bad health.
Some are too high strung for a average owner.
But try telling the many families NO MORE LABS and see a picket line go up.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzie View Post
If anything, people don't need to stop breeding them, but start breeding them well. There are never enough good breeders in any breed.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Puppy Dog

Depends on the motive. I really hate those sneaky breeders who are only concerned with acquiring too much money.

dog crates | dog training crates | dog playpens
dog exercise pens | dog kennels | pooper scooper

...having a dog makes you rich.