Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Ozzy & Jagger Rock!

Congratulations! That's awesome!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Got any pictures of the competition? I would love to see the Rottie that someone thought was better looking than Milton.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Big Dog

Congratulations Redyre. What a handsome boy you have there. Good luck to Mike next week.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:47 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
Got any pictures of the competition? I would love to see the Rottie that someone thought was better looking than Milton.
Well, you know, Amstaffer, it might not be the way someone else might have done the judging.

HOWEVER.

The lady who won today is someone I would call a friend. Maybe a GOOD friend. I took a class she instructed at a local training club last year with Penny, and I have known her within the Rottweiler community for many years.

She has always been active in the Obedience rings. This is her FIRST SHOW DOG, and she was absolutely THRILLED to win today.

I would not have clouded or diminished her moment for ANYTHING. I smiled, and congratulated her, and I meant it.

She is a real novice at this, and had no idea about Group judging. So before I left the show grounds, I went and got my catalog, and showed her the Group order, and explained a few basics. I congratulated her again, and wished her luck in the Group, and I meant it sincerely.

No matter what, no matter what dog you have, you are never going to win every time. It was very easy to be gracious to this very nice person who was glowing with the nice win she just got with her adorable puppy whom she clearly loves very much.

We will have other chances.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Yum...

Congrats!

Thank you Christine!

A Dog is like an eternal Peter Pan,
a child who never
grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Thank you EVERYONE, for the congrats. I am still smiling, and I have realized that this was a first for me.

I have shown a number of dogs in the AKC ring over the years. Not once have I ever won a point the first time out with a dog. Until yesterday, with Milton.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
No matter what, no matter what dog you have, you are never going to win every time. It was very easy to be gracious to this very nice person who was glowing with the nice win she just got with her adorable puppy whom she clearly loves very much.
Beautifully written, and a huge congratulations to you and Milton! I hope Mike has just as strong a debut.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 PM
RedyreRottweilers

We will see, Mike and I will be out next weekend to see if he can match his brother's remarkable first time out.

Thank you all for your comments, I am just thrilled with this entire litter so far.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:54 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Old 06-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Squishy22

Its clear to me that you picked the perfect stud for Penny, Shaka.

Are there any future breedings planned for Penny? Or is this her one and only?