Food to put weight on my Husky

maple

Queen of the Jungle
Same thing. It's like it's not any more enticing than the dry.

What about using a (low sodium) broth -and adding a little to the kibble?

I do understand your frustration (and sometimes embarrasment) with a skinny dog. When we brought Bosco home he weighed less than Kona...58lbs. He is a good 4 inches taller than her.

I stopped at a pet store on the way home with him and people stared at us, and I could tell they thought I was a horrible person for having a dog in his shape *and* bring him out in public :( Poor guy, he's so vocal, so he was whining and carrying on and talking to me the whole time, drawing more attention to us :rolleyes: , plus it was the day after he was neutered, so he was a little dazed and sore. Ugh.

I feed both of my two a raw diet, and 18 months later, he's gained almost 30lbs is shiny, healthy and happy (still noisey tho), but he is still a thin dog.

Hillside

Original Twin
Have you tried any of the premade raw diets? Django will pretty much only eat Nature's Variety raw, he really likes the canned Instinct too though.

Tazwell

Have you tried any of the premade raw diets? Django will pretty much only eat Nature's Variety raw, he really likes the canned Instinct too though.
No, but again, will that put weight on her, or do you think it's too "Unbalanced" for her kidneys? I mean, I don't know, but I can't ask the vet, either...

That thought has run through my head, though. I wonder if I could do that?

Hillside

Original Twin
No, but again, will that put weight on her, or do you think it's too "Unbalanced" for her kidneys? I mean, I don't know, but I can't ask the vet, either...

That thought has run through my head, though. I wonder if I could do that?
The protein content isn't very high on the raw and it is EXTREMELY palatable. If you feed her a decent amount she should put some weight on.

Tazwell

Wow, Thanks Maple! That's a good link, I'll read that very carefully and see what I can learn :)

Members online