Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Top Dog

Parvo was my 1st thought.....hope not !!!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Show Dog

They had round worms and we were told that it would take 5 treatments over the course of 25 days to treat.
Supposedly when they were at the Hum. Soc. they were checked out so I am hoping that this isn't something bad. Maybe he just ate something in the yard that he shouldn't of. He did eat about an hour ago and is holding it down. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Show Dog

Also do you knwo if they have had any vaccines yet? Plus w/ the diarrhea and vom. you might want to go w/a bland diet like boiled chicken and rice. The reg dog food might be too much for their tummies right now.
I'm glad you have a vet apt. and ask about parvo, I so hope not but if they didn't have a vac then it is better to know. Also have them check to make sure that they don't have any other type of worms. Diff worm meds for diff worms (for example pyrantel does not killtape worms, that is usually given by an injection or tablet).
Let us know what happens, PLEASE!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Show Dog

They had their first set of shots at the Hum. Soc and we have an appt. for the next set at the end of the month. They haven't had their rabies shot yet, too young, but have both been spayed and neutered, go figure...Not old enough for rabies but old enough to be fixed!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Show Dog

Some rescue do that (ntr & spay) b/c some people we adopt themand say that they will have them fixed and then not do it and breed them. So they have to do what is best for the dogs overall and not necessarily the best for the medically. It can be done earlier but it is safer when they are older. Sometimes people stink!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Rusty but Trusty

oh I hope the puppies ok, please let us know what is going on. I'm so worried. I've seen what happens to puppies when they get that and it's really sad.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Show Dog

Well we are back from the vet and so far so good. They gave Jedi an IV drip to replenish some of his lost fluids. They also did a Parvo test and it came back negative, YAY! They said it is either another parasite, viral, stress or a combination. They put him on Albon for the next 10 days to fight off some of the "what it could be's". Thanks for everyones concern; I really appreciate it and will keep you posted!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

Whew !!! No parvo !!!! GREAT!!! Good luck !