Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Show Dog

Default sick puppy

Hi. I am new to this site but there seems to be alot of helpful people out there! We just adopted two golden retreiver/lab mix puppies from the humane society. We just got through a bout of worms with Daisy and she is doing fine. Jedi was fine through that whole time and didn't show any symptoms but last night he had diarhea and vomited throughout the night. Does anyone have any suggestions to what may be causing this. I plan on calling the vet when they open but wanted to be armed with some ideas when I take him in. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

ohh...your poor pup
I'm not much help on idea's of what it might be, but I would worry about dehydration if I were you. Make sure your pup is drinking plenty of fluids......other's will be more help.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Top Dog

How old is the puppy that is sick? Also, how often did he/she have diarrhea and vomiting? What did the vomit look like? I know I'm asking for alot of details but it will help others determine what the problem may or may not be. Sometimes, changing food, stressful situations, new situations anything like that can cause an upset stomache. Is he/she acting normal otherwise?
Old 07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

Does Daisy have any sign as well? Definitely take him to the vet as soon as possible.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Felurian

Anyone else here thinking parvo?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Rusty but Trusty

oh no, don't say that!

Old 07-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

I am Renee, hopefully it's not the case though
Old 07-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Show Dog

Jedi and Daisy are 10 weeks old. They are both being treated for worms and are on thier third dose. Daisy was pretty bad when we first got them but we thought it was the change of environment and the fact that she was just spayed. When I called the Hum. Soc. they informed me that they both were completely infested with worms when they got them; which they neglected to tell us. Anyway, we've never seen worms in Jedi's stool and him getting sick is really just out of the blue. We have an appt today at 4:30 and they said to try and give him a little bit of food and water and see if he can hold it down. We will know in an hour how that works out....Oh, and his poop was had a yellow tinge and seemed a little mucasy, but no blood.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

They didn't do any blood test? If it's parvo, it needs to be treated fast before it's too late. I would go see another vet...
Old 07-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

What kind of worms are they infested with? I'm just curious as to why it would take 3 treatments... Well let us know how it all turns out, your vet appt. is for 4:30 today so hopefully it will be o.k. and you can have a nice weekend.