Buster's Marking

mrose_s

BusterLove
Buster is big into marking, he was desexed at 6months, but is mad on marking, particularily over Sophie's pee.

The bad thing, he's decided its a good idea to mark the $5000 saddle we have on the back verandah, there isn't space for it inside but I keep seeing little piddle marks all over the ground underneath/on/beside it.

When I get up in the morning he trots off down the back for a pee, and he never does it when we're around, usually when we go out during the day, which means I can't just keep an eye on it.

I'm sure its him, he does that. Sophie will blatantly mark in front of us, but Buster uis sneaky,m plus Sophie couldn't get to the angles she needs for the way the pee has landed lol
So I'm 99% sure tis him and I'm lost, I'm a bit worried if it doesn't stop he may get his "nose rubbed in it" by my mum.
We havn't done anything except clean it up and move the saddle, and he follows it to pee on it, because we havn't caught him so can't tell him off.

I should add, he is very reliably house trained. He even runs outside to vomit, I don't think he's had an accident inside since he was a puppy that wasn't our fault for not letting him out.
And he doesn't just pee on the verandah innormal circumstances, its only to mark things....ideas?

I'm a bit stuck, anyone got he magic words to magic this issue away please?

mrose_s

BusterLove
Not a clue where to put it, its on a towel rack, so it isn't on the ground. It sits up about table height, but the stirrups hang down, I'm thinking its the leather smell thats got him in?

It's annoying, its not even our saddle, its my mums friend, but if he takes it home then his wife will sell it when his back is turned (he's trying to track down a horse of his that she sold when he was out one day) so its at our place.

Its moreso I think that he pee's on the verandah right outside the back door, we'll have a smell if the other lot decide to get in on it.

Issues liek this suck, I think I'll try to do a stakeout tomorow morning after I put him out, see if he goes for it.

Members online

No members online now.