Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-14-2005, 10:54 AM
sammydawg

Default didn't love the Innova Evo

I put sammy on Innova Evo when we first got him. I had fed my last dog commercially made raw diet but felt with the potential of a new baby in the house I didn't feel like worrying about bacteria, bleaching things and the extra work-- so-- I thought Evo might be the next best thing--NOt for this dog.
He didn't gain weight (was pretty under weight when we got him from rescue) and his stools were BLACK and loose. NASTY.I fed the whole 33 lb bag thinking that it might just take a while for him to make the transition from the crap he'd lived on before.
I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem?
I gave him Wellness which seemed great-- he gained weight nicely, his stools normalized -- now he's not eating breakfast so I started him on regular adult Innova dry which he seems to quite like.
Hmm didn't mean for this to become so long and rambling
Old 07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Felurian

There's no one right food for every dog. It might just have been too protein rich for him. Glad he's doing well on the regular formula and the Wellness though!

I think you're probably right about not trying to do the raw with a new baby around. A baby's a lot of work, and you really don't want to take the risk of missing any bacteria from the raw food and having it get hold of the baby!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian