Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Sigh. I'm with Zoom.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Top Dog

I really like Victoria Stillwell! "Its me or the dog" has helped several of my dogs behavioral issues!!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:19 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
From everything I've uncovered, most of the propaganda is being spread by Jean Donaldson, Pat Miller, fellow APDT members, and their faithful cult followers.
Ah yes, the "cookie-wavers" cult. It fascinates me how this always comes up in these threads.

Quote:
IMO, anyone who has to take up this aggressive crusade of malice and misinformation rather than educate on the benefits of their preferred method is unprofessional, scared, and sad.
What misinformation?
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
i'm the defacto leader here
thought so.... and here, i thought you had genius potential.

Last edited by lostcoyote; 05-17-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backward_Cinderella View Post
When did I ever say I wanted him to die??? I NEVER said I wanted him to DIE. Dropping off the face of the planet is not the same as dying. What other celebrities have just disappeared? THAT is what I meant by "Dropping off the face of the planet". And I agree with Adjorts. WHO'S judgmental??
there's no need to backpedal and defend yourself. you did what you did and can't help yourself. it's all too easy to sit behind a keyboard and spit venom at people you don't even know.

Last edited by lostcoyote; 05-17-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
What misinformation?

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Some times its better to just block people like you...
Which I'm going to do right now. Is it really necessary to be so RUDE? Just because someone doesn't agree with your ideas and ideals doesn't mean you flat out attack them. Grow up.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Just because someone doesn't agree with your ideas and ideals doesn't mean you flat out attack them.
Hmmm, let's examine this statement.

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I like his principles. I really do. Exercise, training, then reward and all that. Be leader of the pack, be assertive - yes yes yes.
I have found that most of the mind-numbing complaints people make, are about .02% of something he has said or done at some time in his many successful years as a dog behavior expert. For some reason, if they disagree with a small portion of his philosophy or techniques, you get people who are so angry that they wish he would drop off the planet or some other awful desire against this human being who has done SO much good for the dogs of this country.

I know that using the basics of his philosophy like you mention is the reason I have 4 well-behaved, well-balanced dogs that I don't have to crate when I leave the house, when they eat or even when they have bones. I don't have anything against people who have to keep their own dogs separated because they might get in a fight or chew up the remote or grandma's panties, but if they wanted to have a stable well-behaved pack, they could.

I don't worship Cesar any more than you guys do, and I know there are people who do. But that's their thing. Why would I care? Unless I was jealous or bitter at the success of the man? You know... Sour grapes. People "worship" American Idol, Michael Jackson and George Bush (well, not so much him anymore ) but it's no skin off my back.

You guys say you can't figure out why people worship him? What I can't figure out is why people entertain themselves by page after page of bashing him. But, carry on. Enjoy the hatred.

Edit to add:
Quote:
Just because someone doesn't agree with your ideas and ideals doesn't mean you flat out attack them. Grow up.
Indeed. Grow up, indeed. Well-said.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Is it really necessary to be so RUDE? .
let's see, looking at some of the things you said herein, you don't qualify your own statements herein as being rude, "wishing someone to fail by dropping off the face of the planet"???

talk about hypocrisy

it's it's amusing to see people announce to the world that they're going to put someone on ignore. they hardly ever do. it's merely an attempt to manipulate. yes indeed, grow up backwards cindy.
Closed Thread