Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Felurian

Stirder, I've got one of those feelings about what these dogs were really bred for and the kind of breeders you'll probably find (if any other than the one). I did a search too and didn't turn up any more . . . Looking at the site, I get the drug dog vibe . . . You know, that faction that's always looking for a bigger, badder Pit-type of dog . . . like the members of the Aryan Nation in California who were behind the breeding of the Presa Canario cross breeds that attacked the young woman at the door of her apartment - and I'm not generally quick to come to that suspicion . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-14-2005, 12:02 AM
stirder

thats the vibe I got too
Old 07-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Felurian

Have you seen Barb's Kona? She's the result of a good breeder endeavoring to resurrect an ancient breed, the Bandogge. Gorgeous creature, superb companion and defensive guardian being bred without a sinister ulterior motive. It's a shame the breed was lost.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Stirder, I've got one of those feelings about what these dogs were really bred for and the kind of breeders you'll probably find (if any other than the one). I did a search too and didn't turn up any more . . . Looking at the site, I get the drug dog vibe . . . You know, that faction that's always looking for a bigger, badder Pit-type of dog . . . like the members of the Aryan Nation in California who were behind the breeding of the Presa Canario cross breeds that attacked the young woman at the door of her apartment - and I'm not generally quick to come to that suspicion . . .
I get that feeling too. And that is a shame, because if a responsible breeder had been breeding these dogs, I might have been fairly interested. But after looking around that site more, I didn't like what I saw. But at least their GSD had titles and was OFA screened, and at least their Pitties weren't the wide chest, freaky shoulder, kind of Pitties. They actually looked like Pitties.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Show Dog

Cute but I like the cane corso better, especially if they don't cut the ears and tail. I know they are "supposed" to but I can't stand that. Plus we had a puppy in that was so cute and then the had the ears and tail done (bad I might add) and he wasn't so cute anymore.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:19 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorab
Cute but I like the cane corso better, especially if they don't cut the ears and tail. I know they are "supposed" to but I can't stand that. Plus we had a puppy in that was so cute and then the had the ears and tail done (bad I might add) and he wasn't so cute anymore.

Working dogs arent supposed to be cute, they are supposed to do what they are bred for.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw
Working dogs arent supposed to be cute, they are supposed to do what they are bred for.
Amen to that.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose's Gal
I get that feeling too. And that is a shame, because if a responsible breeder had been breeding these dogs, I might have been fairly interested. But after looking around that site more, I didn't like what I saw. But at least their GSD had titles and was OFA screened, and at least their Pitties weren't the wide chest, freaky shoulder, kind of Pitties. They actually looked like Pitties.
I'd be afraid of the temperament breeding from these people . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-16-2005, 12:21 AM
totally awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw
I like it when they're both. Personally, I rarely find a working dog I don't like the look of. I even like the look of cropped ears on the corso. Sure they're not as "cute", but they're still extremely attractive looking dogs to me.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:08 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice cold
I like it when they're both. Personally, I rarely find a working dog I don't like the look of. I even like the look of cropped ears on the corso. Sure they're not as "cute", but they're still extremely attractive looking dogs to me.
One doesnt hurt another. I think all working dogs are great looking.