Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Love my pets

Glad to hear you were able to wait for the shelter to take them. I truly hope they find good, loving homes soon.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04
Glad to hear you were able to wait for the shelter to take them. I truly hope they find good, loving homes soon.
I just hope we don't have a repeat performance of what happened with them last time they were brought to a shelter. If we do then my husband says we have no choice but to put them to sleep . If I can atleast get them into the quiet room that they have at the shelter (for bonding with the shelter animals) than I think I can get them out of their carrier. I'm so worried about tomorrow, I fear the worst for them .

Old 08-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Love my pets

That might be a good idea, Julie. Do they have a favorite treat or food that you can take along with you while you sit in the quiet room with them. Even bring their favorite toy. Please let us know what happens.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Yeah I'll bring their treats (they aren't really much for toys). I'm so worried about them. I'll let you guys know how things go tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

did u take them yet???(1000 posts!!! yeay) how did everything go?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Well we got there and we got them out of their carrier. They were hissing but didn't bite the lady. They peed in their crate so they STUNK so bad. They are there and I explained what happened at the last shelter and the lady was like "ofcourse their gonna hiss and stuff their scared to death lots of cats do when they are dropped off." So I'm pretty sure they are safe. I'm gonna keep calling and checking the website (it's updated weekly) to see if the are adopted. I'm so worried for them. They have so many little kittens at the shelter you know people are going to pass up the older cats and go for the kittens first.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Love my pets

Julie, I know people like kittens, but many people like cats that are a little older too. I just know things will go well for them. Keep us updated. Glad to hear the lady at the shelter was so understanding.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I know people like older cats too, I hope they are able to find a good home. I've never had to personally take an animal to a shelter before so it was very upsetting to me and then to see everybody pass up their cage to look at the little kittens next to them was really heartbreaking for me.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

dont worry your kittys will find a home me and my mother were talking about in the future we wanna always have cats in the house but deff dont want kittens we want older adults i know there are more people that want the same kittens are a handful not everyone wants a cat climbing up there certains lol dont worry if i didnt have 3 right now i would have taken one of them
Old 08-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Rusty but Trusty

thanks, I know people do want older cats as well but like I said it's just frustrating when you see someone just snub their nose at your little babies and head straight for the kittens in the next cage.