Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Show Dog

Plus w/ having such a broad term of "pitt" it really bothers me. It hasn't really started all over the US but some towns and areas have banned them. It really doean't make sense it's not the dogs but the owners. I mean if they ban them from having dogs, but the problem would be enforcing it, most people around here don't even register their dogs so how would they even keep track.
Plus if they start banning "pitts" what's next????
Old 07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Dogs rule humans drool

i dont see why they bann them, bcos fighting pits is illegal, so banning the breed will not stop the dog fighting

Visit my website on www.freewebs.com/animalllover
Old 07-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Because the government is dog ignorant. They don't seem to understand that the owner should be held responsible for the dogs actions. but they don't seem to expect people to take responsibility for their own children these days lol blaming the dog is just the easy way out. I have never met a pitbull that was properly cared for that wasn't a total sweetheart. Ban the people not the dogs lol THAT will make the world a better place

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Super-Genius

:O Sparks... How DARE you say that people should be responsible for their own property?!?!?! The thought police are being dispatched as we speak.

LOL )
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:04 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

somebody is growing FAST..she looks wonderful

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hardy har har smarty pants lol but it's true lol nobody is expected to take responsibility for anything anymore it seems. Why deal with the person when the easiest thing to do is just deal with the dog? That's such a sick way of thinking

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Show Dog

I so agree sparks! Plus now when ever anyone hear the word pitt they freak. I have even seen people petting and playing w/ dogs then someone says that it's a pitt or pitt mix and they jump away from the dog and freak. If it was so sweat and cute a second ago it's not going to change into this horrible beast b/c someone said the word pitt. I so try not to even say that word at the rescue, any actual breed fine but not that word.
And puck stop that was funny! Brat hehehe

Sorry shadow that we took over this thread w/ this discussion, we got a bit off track. She is so cute. Give her a big kiss from us for taking over.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW_THE_STAFF
What I orginally stated below I take all back, I didn't know pitbulls were banned in the uk. I have now done my research and after searching (for quite a long time, the info wasn't easy to find) I discovered 4 dogs are banned in the UK. I had no idea. The act was brought in, in 1991 I was only 8 at the time, I really dont remeber anything about it.

Here is a link which takes you to the goverment leaflet on this subject.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/welf...ogsleaflet.pdf

I cant believe I was ignorant of this.
Wow! What an ignorant, petty piece of uninformed tripe that little pamphlet is! And if they are going to ban a breed (Fila Brasileiro), at least spell it right!

Can you tell these kinds of things really torque me?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yes I agree she is very cute. she has the most adorable face and soulful eyes.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 07-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Felurian

And Shadow is turning into a gorgeous grrrrl, by the way!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian