Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Top Dog

Default Merrick "B.G." (Before Grain)

Anybody Heard of it? It's in a black bag, it comes in Chicken, Salmon, Beef, and I think Buffalo, too. It's 'Grain Free.' It's new stuff.

The canned is just a 'supplemental additive' to the dog's normal meal-- the ingredients are very simple. It comes in Beef, Buffalo, Trife, Salmon, Chicken, and something else... I can't remember. Anyway, the ingredients are, for Buffalo for example, "Buffalo, and Water sufficient for processing". And same for all the rest. "*Main ingredient*, and Water sufficient for processing."

I've never been a huge fan of Merrick Products, but I wanted to know if anyone's tried it out or anything yet. I can't find the product page online, or ingredients, but I bought a sample size bag of the Salmon-- I can type out the ingredients if anyone wants them.

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Top Dog

I found the ingredients: http://www.ourdogsonline.com/ubbthre...&Number=166798 Looks good to me! Of course the wet is good, but not as a diet, just a supplement.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:37 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

What's wrong with canned food as a diet?

Anyways, both foods look pretty decent.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

I don't think the canned food that that brand has is a complete diet right? Just water and a meat, no vitamins/minerals and that stuff in it. I think wet food as a diet for complete diets is fine though

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Top Dog

^Right, this particular canned food is only a supplement to the diet. It's not a whole meal. Just meat and water I haven't opened the cans I bought for Archie yet, but I'll probably do that today.

I got it at a Pet Supplies Plus store during a long transport (MI to IN) for a dog yesterday, so it's really far away. It's new, so I'm hoping it will come to our local Pet Supplies Plus soon. That way I can try it out for Archie.

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Lord Cynical

I've tried it - it's pretty much the same as all other "100% meat" foods -pink, smelly and soupy!

Pretty cans though, and the dogs like it.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 05-11-2008, 02:07 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Ook, I thought Maxy was referring to canned food in general.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazwell View Post
Anybody Heard of it? It's in a black bag, it comes in Chicken, Salmon, Beef, and I think Buffalo, too. It's 'Grain Free.' It's new stuff.

The canned is just a 'supplemental additive' to the dog's normal meal-- the ingredients are very simple. It comes in Beef, Buffalo, Trife, Salmon, Chicken, and something else... I can't remember. Anyway, the ingredients are, for Buffalo for example, "Buffalo, and Water sufficient for processing". And same for all the rest. "*Main ingredient*, and Water sufficient for processing."

I've never been a huge fan of Merrick Products, but I wanted to know if anyone's tried it out or anything yet. I can't find the product page online, or ingredients, but I bought a sample size bag of the Salmon-- I can type out the ingredients if anyone wants them.

Haven't tried it on the dogs yet... cats could take or leave BG.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I went to the feed store to get food for my cats and they were crazy out of stock- no Innova, no EVO, no Felidae, etc. I looked at this food and thought it was better than most other food so I'm trying it out. I've never fed it to my dogs, though. The EVO for dogs was in stock.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I've been feeding it to my two schnauzers for the last couple of months. I believe one or both have chicken or grain allergies (we're feeding the buffalo kibble). So far so good... the allergy dog (Stryder) hasnt itched in months which is AWESOME.

I'd soo recommend it for a dog will allergies as its grain free.