Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Back of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview View Post
Since some people lack the ability to navigate the links provided...

MSB Animal Care and Regulation
680 N. Seward Meridian Parkway
Wasilla, AK 99654

Don't know how much clearer I can be.
Wow... your first direct answer to a question for information posed to you that also doesn't include rhetoric or lawyer advice... although it took a few pages to get here...

Somebody mark this on the calendar.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Aging Canine Advocate

some moron stops feeding his dogs, who just happen to be huskies, who apparently occasionally pull sleds (in theory), and somehow sled pulling is cruel??

so if someone stopped feeding their border collies, which they may or may not have used to herd sheep on their farm, does that make the act of herding cruelty to dogs?

It makes whoever owns the dogs a DUMBASS. With a capital D. I could see the subtle hint if the dood was beating the crap out of his dogs while they were pulling him around or if they were getting all kinds of problems from pulling too heavy a load or something.

But a cut and dry case of some guy just not feeding his dogs?

Please.
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzie View Post
so if someone stopped feeding their border collies, which they may or may not have used to herd sheep on their farm, does that make the act of herding cruelty to dogs?
hush...don't give her ideas...

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 05-14-2008, 04:52 PM
totally normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzie View Post
But a cut and dry case of some guy just not feeding his dogs?

Please.
Duh, he was starving them so they would run faster!! That's how you train sled dogs, Doncha know?!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview View Post
Since some people lack the ability to navigate the links provided...

An answer, but hon if you truely care about these dogs, you need to stop acting like a child. Just post the address so people can contact and donate if they wish. And considering the history of these threads, I would definitely verify the legitimacy first (wouldn't want my hard earned cash going to help people who only claim to help dogs ).

And I surely hope that noone here would stoop to the ultimate low of taking advantage of such a terrible situation to further a personal agenda against the Iditarod because all it does is hurt animals by turning people off to legitimate welfare issues when they occur. In both this case and the last one that you posted, race officials were in fact the first to have detected a potential problem years before the situation ended in disaster and it is a huge opportunity missed if welfare advocates don't see the value in partnering with them.

Debbie
Old 05-15-2008, 02:05 AM
I love my Weimaheiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreayl_Chinooks View Post
An answer, but hon if you truely care about these dogs, you need to stop acting like a child. Just post the address so people can contact and donate if they wish. And considering the history of these threads, I would definitely verify the legitimacy first (wouldn't want my hard earned cash going to help people who only claim to help dogs ).

And I surely hope that noone here would stoop to the ultimate low of taking advantage of such a terrible situation to further a personal agenda against the Iditarod because all it does is hurt animals by turning people off to legitimate welfare issues when they occur. In both this case and the last one that you posted, race officials were in fact the first to have detected a potential problem years before the situation ended in disaster and it is a huge opportunity missed if welfare advocates don't see the value in partnering with them.

Debbie

Very well said. Kudos.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
- Author Unknown
Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreayl_Chinooks View Post

Debbie
Bravo. Well put.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Snow Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
But dog fighting is illegal and cruel period. Dog sledding is NOT. Yes there are bad people in any group, so some sled dogs are victims of cruelty. But it is erroneous to postulate a correlation where none exists.

Thats as bad as saying all pitties are dangerous (all sled dog owners are abusive and need summitview to save their dogs)

Does this dog look in any way malnourished or mistreated?

heck he loves his job so much you stick a novice (my 7 year old son) in the sled and he runs for the sheer pleasure of running.

Summitview would like to stop this dog from doing what he loves best. (well also stop people like me from breeding dogs apearantly too...and most other people on chaz who breed. Only people who are wealthy, have large fenced yards..scratch that-AR type that likely supports the abolition of pets as a whole)
I can tell you now, Ronan will despise ANYONE who even so much as attempts to abolish his right to do what he loves most - dog sledding! As the picture shows he doesnt care if the person on the sled has been sledding for 50 years and can flawlessly run even the trickiest trails, or Kerri's 7-year old standing on the runners for the first time in his life AND running a race to boot, he's just happy to be in harness! Heck, there could be NO ONE on the sled and he'd just keep on running LOL

But that aside, what this guy has done is an outrage to mushers everywhere. It is his type that give us a bad name. It is his type that spawn people to think ALL sledding is cruel when that couldnt be further from the truth. I hope these dogs can make a full recovery and find someone who will allow them to do what they love, but do it right! With proper care, nutrition, and tons of love!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 05-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I know summitviews thoughts on dogs.

But I also love, love LOVE the way that she has had little to NO input on this thread (other than posting the information), she hasn't said anything on her opinions on racing, and was highlighting a case of abuse which people can donate to, and YET, this thread is FIVE pages long with people arguing against her opinions yet there isn't ONE retaliation from her on the matter.

And as for the tags - ANYONE can add tags. And there is a nice personal attack tag in there someone has added - very mature.

How about sticking to the topic at hand, which is the abuse case, and maybe open another thread for discussing summitviews opinions.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-17-2008, 11:13 AM
BusterLove

great post Dizzy