Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2008, 12:31 AM
naturesgift's Avatar
naturesgift naturesgift is offline
Mo Wildlife Rehabber
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mo
Posts: 808
Default Ever tried..Halo?

http://www.halopets.com/

My Picky Nutmeg and Rain prefer canned dog food and I found a brand I like!

Here is the Ingredients Water (sufficient for processing) Chicken , Carrots, Celery, yellow squash, Zucchini, Chicken Liver, Green beans, Green peas, PAsta, Turkey, Roled oats, Barley, Soy sauce, Dried Kelp, Garlic powder, Calcium Lactate Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Di-calcium phosphate.

they have dry and canned. The above ingredients is to original chicken recipe
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2008, 11:47 PM
naturesgift's Avatar
naturesgift naturesgift is offline
Mo Wildlife Rehabber
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mo
Posts: 808
Default

ty for your input Is this an ok brand?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2008, 02:52 AM
jacko jacko is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 198
Default

hmm.. haven't tried that one.. looks good, noticed that ellen promoted it.. well that depends on your pet...
__________________
Indoor Dog House | No Bark Collars
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2008, 08:14 AM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,248
Default

their food looks fine.. although the soy sauce is weird.... but it's soooo expensive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2008, 01:59 PM
SizzleDog SizzleDog is offline
Lord Cynical
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 9,251
Default

Waay too pricey, but I use the canned stuff on Ronin and Ada - Ilsa can't have it, because her system can't handle the peas for some reason - she'll puke them up, every time!

IMO it's a nice food, but there are similar foods out there for less money.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
naturesgift's Avatar
naturesgift naturesgift is offline
Mo Wildlife Rehabber
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mo
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Waay too pricey, but I use the canned stuff on Ronin and Ada - Ilsa can't have it, because her system can't handle the peas for some reason - she'll puke them up, every time!

IMO it's a nice food, but there are similar foods out there for less money.
really peas? weird! yeah its pretty expensive it smells like I could pour it out in a bowl and serve it up for supper LOL! looking at the Ronin and Ada TY!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-2008, 10:41 PM
naturesgift's Avatar
naturesgift naturesgift is offline
Mo Wildlife Rehabber
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mo
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
their food looks fine.. although the soy sauce is weird.... but it's soooo expensive.
I thought the soy sauce was weird to.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Suzzie Suzzie is offline
Aging Canine Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,134
Default

i've used spot's stew before, my dogs liked it okay... but it costs twice as much as merrick, and $1 more a can than innova 95%, so I don't feed the stew anymore. I know people swear by their dreamcoat stuff.
__________________
Suzzie
Popper (Beagle x Red Heeler 3 years) - Merlin (PWC 3 years) - Roofus (OES 4 years) - Blossom (Dalmatian x Border Collie 13 years) - Murphy (Beagle x 17 years)
Menagerie Mayhem Pet Gifts - Tshirts, bumper stickers, & more!
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-12-2008, 06:27 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,248
Default

The oil supplement, right? If that's what I'm thinking of it works really, really well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2008, 05:08 PM
sheltervt's Avatar
sheltervt sheltervt is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puget Sound, WA
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesgift View Post
http://www.halopets.com/

My Picky Nutmeg and Rain prefer canned dog food and I found a brand I like!

Here is the Ingredients Water (sufficient for processing) Chicken , Carrots, Celery, yellow squash, Zucchini, Chicken Liver, Green beans, Green peas, PAsta, Turkey, Roled oats, Barley, Soy sauce, Dried Kelp, Garlic powder, Calcium Lactate Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Di-calcium phosphate.

they have dry and canned. The above ingredients is to original chicken recipe
I'm not a fan. Halo is overmarketed, overhyped, overprocessed, and just not worthwhile. They beef up protein content with vegetable and grain proteins, and otherwise aren't offering anything the pet food industry hasn't already offered a million times. Their canned foods seem a bit better than the kibble, though, and there isn't anything really BAD in there...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site