Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-09-2008, 06:48 AM
shadowfacedanes's Avatar
shadowfacedanes shadowfacedanes is offline
*Biter*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
You know, I"m just wondering, where is Dizzy on this thread?
Pretending it doesn't exist, I'm sure, which is frightening.

It's not so much the people in the crazy masks with the red paint that scare me (Okay, so the masks give me the creeps). Or the crazy "liberators" that run around freeing caged animals so they can die a cruel death in a rural area because they have no survival instincts left in them. Or even the arsonists who light fires to the oil tankers (because they're bad for the environment..any one else see the irony in that? )

It's the casual person, the average person, who supports this because they don't have the common sense to look deeper. The average person who writes them a check thinking they're doing something good for the animals. The common person who spreads the word about how these AR people are doing a good thing, when they themselves have not looked deeper than the surface to know what it is they are truly supporting. THOSE people scare me most because they don't know how much they are harming the very animals they claim to love and because it's the "Common" person that people are more apt to listen to, not the extremist crazy people.

It's a very scary thing, made even more scary by the fact that these people believe, life or death, that what they are doing is right and that NOTHING will stop them from furthering their cause. They are, in every sense of the word, terrorists.
__________________


Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,971
Default

I wonder what would happen if someone showed up at their meeting with a service dog...

Whenever I see this stuff it makes me want to cry and just scares the crap out of me.

A note to you all, I've been fighting exotic animal bans for years, because that is exactly where it starts. People's mindsets for exotic animals in captivity is really similar to the general public with pit bulls.

This is the strategy:

Ban alligators, tigers, and monkeys because nobody should ever need to have one, they're dangerous... (public nods)

Ban smaller exotic cats, like caracals, servals, hybrid wild animals (I have fought against laws that were written in such a way as to make a mule illegal) prairie dogs had monkey pox at one point, so of course they are dangerous too! (public says, "well, er, if you say so. I don't have any of those as pets so ok.)

Ban all snakes over 12 feet, because they could constrict someone or escape and eat your cats. (publics says, "sure! the only people who own those are strippers and weird freaks anyway)

Ban all reptiles because they can carry salmonella, which can be fatal for small children. Also wolves and wolf hybrids because they are "dangerous"

Ban dangerous dog breeds, you know, bullies, boxers, anything that looks mean with a spiky collar......

Do you all see how it gets to dogs? Do you see how it's so very important to stand up for the rights of everyone, and not just the pits, not just the rotttweilers, it needs to be the wolf hybrids and wolves, the bobcats and pythons, the prairie dogs and the tigers.

It is against the law to abuse an animal already, so the occasional horror story about someone finding a 6 foot alligator in someone's bathtub already falls under that, and they get prosecuted every time. There are plenty of people out there with acres and acres fenced off with enclosures and security fencing zoos would be jealous of, where the cats and bears etc. get to live really cushy comfy lives that you never, ever hear about because those people will never ever be in the media.

Animal owners need to really unite, to stand together as a whole whether we like pit bulls, or siberian tigers, grizzly bears, or golden retrievers. It doesn't matter. Everybody is under attack here.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Bahamutt99's Avatar
Bahamutt99 Bahamutt99 is offline
Dafuq?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: High Ridge, MO
Posts: 2,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
You know, I"m just wondering, where is Dizzy on this thread?
I'm kinda wondering where Summitview is. Probably getting advance tickets for the meeting.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lindsay
& the Gravity Dogs


Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,534
Default

Oh god.. I nearly peed myself there, Baha. ROFLMAOOO!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Sit! Good dog.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 17,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
You know, I"m just wondering, where is Dizzy on this thread?
What, you WANT me to comment on this thread? Or what? You want some banter (again - like in a different thread). You feel like arguing?

You know Red, for an adult, you aren't half childish at times. Which is the scary thing.

Does it worry you my opinions aren't the same as yours?

If not (which to be honest, I doubt it does - why would it?), then perhaps you can MANAGE to not mention me in threads in a snotty, childish manner.

I believe that is best left to the playground.
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."


Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein


Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Sit! Good dog.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 17,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I think this is something that even SHE can't blandly turn her face from. That or she missed it, like I did.

I can't say I'm shocked at all of this, though, as horrified as I am. Thank you for cross-posting, Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfacedanes View Post
Pretending it doesn't exist, I'm sure, which is frightening.

And what's this eh?

Jumping on the bandwagon.

None of you actually have one single CLUE on my opinions. I'm very careful in how I word my posts on these matter. I actually am VERY aware of what I put in them, and I am ALWAYS amused at how people like to fill in blanks and read between the lines.

Run along now, sure there is someone else with a different opinion from you to snigger about.
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."


Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein


Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-10-2008, 01:41 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,534
Default

Dizzy, you don't seem to get the important things about these threads.. Lilavati, I think, already pointed that out in another thread.. and frankly you behave in what I see as a trollish manner. So no, the response you get is not entirely friendly. If you simply disagreed, fine.. but you've been downright rude about your disagreement before.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Sit! Good dog.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 17,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Dizzy, you don't seem to get the important things about these threads.. Lilavati, I think, already pointed that out in another thread.. and frankly you behave in what I see as a trollish manner. So no, the response you get is not entirely friendly. If you simply disagreed, fine.. but you've been downright rude about your disagreement before.

I didn't even COMMENT on this thread. There was NO need what so EVER to include me in it, or mention me in it.

THAT is trollish behaviour - that is behaviour to incite talking behind backs, childish sniggering and general pettiness. And is downright rude if you want to go there. I'd like you to point out a time EVER I have resorted to giggling about other members opinions? And for what? A laugh? A feeling of superiority?

I have been on this board a LONG time. If you want to consider my behaviour as trollish, then take it up with the people who have known me in that time.

To be honest, you have no idea what I do and do not get.

If people have an issue about this comment on this thread - they can PM me rather than drag it out here.
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."


Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein


Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,565
Default

That's where the flaw in this lies, tethering, crating & fencing ARE humane but the regulation SHOULD be in the EXCUTION of these things.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
That's where the flaw in this lies, tethering, crating & fencing ARE humane but the regulation SHOULD be in the EXCUTION of these things.
Might be a little late to the conversation XD
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site