Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
And if it is solved by simply switching the food, wouldn't that be better over all?
Well, perhaps... but on the other hand, if health is otherwise great, I guess I'd be more amenable to sticking with an awesome food and occasionally supplementing pumpkin than going with a potentially inferior brand and subjecting the dog to the digestive upset of a diet change.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Original Twin

Innova isn't the only awesome food out there. There are several. You yourself said that Innova is only SLIGHTLY superior to Harvest Blend. If you go about switching food over correctly, there is very little stomach upset. My Aussie has never let me switch him over "correctly" he will just pick out the new stuff after a couple days. He has a sensitive tummy too. I had my Doberman on Innova and I am in the process of switching her off of it. It's a little bit TOO good for her. Not all dogs thrive on the same foods. There is no one perfect food for EVERY dog.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
Innova isn't the only awesome food out there. There are several. You yourself said that Innova is only SLIGHTLY superior to Harvest Blend. If you go about switching food over correctly, there is very little stomach upset. My Aussie has never let me switch him over "correctly" he will just pick out the new stuff after a couple days. He has a sensitive tummy too. I had my Doberman on Innova and I am in the process of switching her off of it. It's a little bit TOO good for her. Not all dogs thrive on the same foods. There is no one perfect food for EVERY dog.
Oh, I understand that no one food is mana from heaven... I'm an independent nutritional consultant, for the time being, and preach that day in and day out. Innova IS, however, in the upper echelon of super premium commercial foods, and I would rather the OP moved laterally rather than backwards. Perchance switching to Orijen, Nature's Variety/Prairie, etc.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Ozzy & Jagger Rock!

I've just switched from Canidae to Innova EVO for Ozzy & Innova Puppy for Jagger. Ozzy had loose stools on & off for the first couple of days but seems to be doing well & since he's so finicky, I'm pleased to report, he's eating it without refusals.