Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Looking at her contract... I don't like her food points, but I bet she'd allow you to feed another high quality food (like innova or Canidae). I think she's just trying to keep her puppy buyers from feeding nasty food.

She's also totally anti raw/homecooked.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

Looks good on paper ...........I would visit though .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I'd want concrete proof of testing done. Could be they were lazy and didn't send them in. Or tests failed and they didn't send them in.. Lot of dog's with the kennel name from that breeder in the database but..

First bitch listed as their next litter I can't find her. I can find her dam though. Sire isn't there's. His results are good.

Both dogs from the other pairing seem to lack OFA results..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
She's also totally anti raw/homecooked.
I saw that... and it doesn't bother me to the point of discounting her. I know people who have lost dogs to raw (freak occurences), and I could see a bad experience with raw could make a breeder shy away from it, and even go so far as to make sure their puppies aren't fed it either.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh, it's *you*

I am on a list with bi-frost Newfs. If you have questions lemme know!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 05-12-2008, 02:58 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I would recommend you join these mailing lists. Introduce yourself, say what you are looking for and why, and indicate you are there to learn and get to know people in the breed.

In this way you can get a feel for people, and even sort of get to "know" people like you do on BBs like this.

http://newflist.googlepages.com/

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/n...ec=group&slk=6

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/N...ec=group&slk=2

Good luck, and the BEST advice I can give you is DON'T BE IN A HURRY. Take your time, and find yourself a breeder who will be a friend and a mentor to you.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Thanks you guys. You are all so great. Redyre and Sizzledog.. You both are so educational and helpful and completely saved my neck. I owe you guys so much. I am going to click on all those links right after I post this

Thanks for being on the look out for me too ! HoundedbyHounds, I got your PM, thank you! If you can think of anything else let me know! They sent me a short email responce and are going to email me when they have more time later.

I don't want to come off completely stupid.. Because right now I feel like I look idiotic. I feel that I saw through her red flags, yes because of excitement, but also I felt that she really cared for her puppies. Yes she had a show puppy contract and an extremely reasonable one at that. I have seen TONS of show puppy contracts as I have been looking for a Cardigan show pup as well. I also am very careful when it comes to breeders. Yes, I know there is no such thing as a show puppy, but a show prospect. I know that there is not a show prospect in every litter, and I always ask to make sure a breeder is on the same page as me. I always ask of health gaurentees, co-owning agreements, and contracts. I am always make sure that my breeder will be a mentor, and a friend for hopefully longer than my dogs lifetime. That relationship is very important to me. Anyway, I made a mistake and I appreciate you guys slapping it to me. I just don't want to look like a complete moron

Edit- I really want to ask this because I've never heard of this before, but then again I have never gotten a female dog before that wasn't fixed ect ect. She said that it is unhealthy for a bitch to go through a heat cycle and not be bred. True or BS?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I just want to say GOOD ON YOU for opening your eyes. It is SO HARD, and people are SO blinded by even the THOUGHT of an adorable puppy.

You stood up and got a GRIP, and THAT is something to be proud of.

Just take your time. Set a goal, say of getting a puppy maybe a year from now. Then join those lists. Keep pretty quiet, and read EVERYTHING. You will learn quickly who is who by reading what is posted to those lists.

If there are breed specific magazines you can subscribe to, that would be good too. There is a good thing to ask on those lists. What magazines would people recommend you subscribe to to help you get educated.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgi_love View Post
Thanks you guys. You are all so great. Redyre and Sizzledog.. You both are so educational and helpful and completely saved my neck. I owe you guys so much. I am going to click on all those links right after I post this

Thanks for being on the look out for me too ! HoundedbyHounds, I got your PM, thank you! If you can think of anything else let me know! They sent me a short email responce and are going to email me when they have more time later.

I don't want to come off completely stupid.. Because right now I feel like I look idiotic. I feel that I saw through her red flags, yes because of excitement, but also I felt that she really cared for her puppies. Yes she had a show puppy contract and an extremely reasonable one at that. I have seen TONS of show puppy contracts as I have been looking for a Cardigan show pup as well. I also am very careful when it comes to breeders. Yes, I know there is no such thing as a show puppy, but a show prospect. I know that there is not a show prospect in every litter, and I always ask to make sure a breeder is on the same page as me. I always ask of health gaurentees, co-owning agreements, and contracts. I am always make sure that my breeder will be a mentor, and a friend for hopefully longer than my dogs lifetime. That relationship is very important to me. Anyway, I made a mistake and I appreciate you guys slapping it to me. I just don't want to look like a complete moron

Edit- I really want to ask this because I've never heard of this before, but then again I have never gotten a female dog before that wasn't fixed ect ect. She said that it is unhealthy for a bitch to go through a heat cycle and not be bred. True or BS?
BS.

And you don't look like a moron. Puppy fever got the best of you. If anything, you look even better than you did before, because most people cannot/will not admit their mistakes and actually LISTEN to people giving advice.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Lord Cynical

You're very welcome - that's what we're here for, to watch each others' backs!

I'd also like to thank YOU, corgi_love - thank you for listening without getting defensive, or dismissing what we had to say. Your ability to step back and look at the bigger picture is commendable, and has renewed my faith that there are *some* people online that actually listen to advice... I mean... WOW. This kind of thing NEVER happens - 99 times out of 100, the poster in your position would have thrown a hissy fit, called us all bad names, and left the forum.

So... CHEERS TO CORGI_LOVE!!!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)