Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Default Hey you snake people, music question.

K, whenever i play music, Adonis is out of his hiding spot like a flash, and it kind of looks like he's dancing, lol. He'll crawl up the glass and kind of wiggle his head back and forth. It's funny...like one of those indian snake charmer things. Simba also pokes his head out but doesn't "dance".

Does anyone else's snake like music?? Is this normal?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Taxiderpy

lol! How cute!

Technically they are functionally deaf, but can kind of "hear" with their jawbones. The lower pitched sounds are easier for them to sense.

Out of all my snakes, I have one corn (Rosella) and I did have one garter snake that seemed to enjoy music. They would come out of hiding and slither back and forth along the fronts of their cages until someone came to pick them up. The others just kind of ignored it. Those two who responded to music were also my most social snakes. They seemed to go out of their way to interact with people.

My old man iguana was very musical. He loved classical music, and andean pan pipe music oddly enough. He would go over to the speakers and lay his head on them and take naps while the music was playing. He hated the beach boys and any kind of metal rock. Once my brother was listening to the beach boys and the iguana whipped the speakers and hissed at them.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Aww that iguana sounds adorable!

Adonis is DEFINATELY the more social snake, which is interesting....

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com