Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 05-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

awwww precious...daizy seems to be doing so swell.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:52 AM
Squishy22

Wow, those pitties are gigantic. Are they pure bred?? The momma looks pure bred...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Top Dog

Her boyfriend (I think?) bred her dog to make her a surprise. She had chosen the stud but didn't want to breed them for a while because her bitch was too young... So she had puppies and ended up keeping some of the pups.

So yes they are purebred.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Felurian

I am so happy to see Daizy doing so well and looking so good

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Top Dog

Yes, all purebred. I love them and wouldn't change a thing!
Thanks for the compliments. They are just so precious to us! And thank yall for being there/here from day one.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Squishy22

Well, they're very cute. Awesome pictures!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Top Dog

My God, Cato is HUGE! I'll bet he hogs the bed at night! Did you guys ever figure out what Daizy's problem was? I remember I had first joined when you were trying to figure it out and I worried about that poor girl.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Top Dog

She was diagnosed with Chorea, and it was derived from Distemper. Obviously, all the precautions that I took when visiting the vet, didn't work! She was initially given a year at the most to live, and it is going on 2 1/2 years. She shows no signs of pain or suffering. She does her best to keep up with everybody else, and is the smartest sweetest dog anyone could even hope for. Yes, I have a miracle!
I suppose one day her time will come, whether from a broken bone or something, and it kills me to think of it, but she is healthy and strong and happy.
Everyone worried about poor Daizy. But she's good!

Thanks

Old 05-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Her boyfriend (I think?) bred her dog to make her a surprise. She had chosen the stud but didn't want to breed them for a while because her bitch was too young... So she had puppies and ended up keeping some of the pups.

So yes they are purebred.

That's just one version of the story, Fran. I cannot tell you how many versions I've heard/read and I've got the links to back it up.

As it stands on another forum, she STILL claims it was an "accidental" breeding. Yet from all I know of artificial insimination, I've never seen it done "accidentally."

And let's not forget that as soon as these pups were born they were being advertised all over the net on places like hoobly.com (aka byb & puppy peddlers' paradise) for $800 and up. And she's the one who advertised them.

I'm glad to see that the dogs look healthy. I just hope to God that you quit breeding untested and untitled dogs on their first heat to make money (especially when a pup produced has a neurological defect).

And Mach/sajoseph/pitchik, just how exactly did only one pup out of an entire litter get distemper? Not to mention that I've NEVER heard of a reputable breeder ending up with a litter with distemper, parvo, etc. I just don't see how it's possible.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

I'd just love to rescue a pit bull one day, yours are just gorgeous.

Looks like they need some nail trimming though.. :/