Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogolove
I am so thankful for my animal loving husband and that I am not out in the dating scene because if I was, I would be holed up in my house with my dog. There are some real idiots out there.
Yeah... be thankful. Because I'm single and constantly holed up in my house with Hunter for just that reason
Old 07-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Big German Shepherd

Completely understandable. I hate it when people feel they can just do that to someone elses dog. That's like the time my friend came over to "play" with Rocky when he was young and threw a pillow on him. Rocky yelped and I said something along the lines of, "What the hell?" And told him if he hurt my dog I would kick him in the face.

He's so used to beating his dogs. He has 2 labs that he brags about punching in the face all the time. I don't ever really talk to him anymore.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

EliNHunter - I completely believe that you will find that dog loving person for you one day, so don't give up. There are many caring, dog loving people out there. We jsut have to find each other.

My husbnad's sister has a Mastiff and he is so sweet. Her last boyfriend hated dogs, and of all people to date, he dates someone who not only has a Mastiff, but that dog is her life (as we all well know how that is... ). Well, they eventually broke up and now she is getting married in December to a man from Romania who LOVES her dog so much, and all dogs for that matter. Brady crawled right into bed with him when they came to visit and he loved it. You should have seen the two of them...LOL!

My whole point is you never know where your dog lover may be...
Old 07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
Completely understandable. I hate it when people feel they can just do that to someone elses dog. That's like the time my friend came over to "play" with Rocky when he was young and threw a pillow on him. Rocky yelped and I said something along the lines of, "What the hell?" And told him if he hurt my dog I would kick him in the face.

He's so used to beating his dogs. He has 2 labs that he brags about punching in the face all the time. I don't ever really talk to him anymore.

Good thing you got rid of that friend. How horrible he is! I would have been very upset too if I were you.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Love my pets

Way to go!!!!!! I'm so glad you defended Brady and told that guy exactly what you were feeling. I just love how you explained what you were capable of doing to him. I would never put up with someone doing that to one of my pets.

Smkie, Mary & Vic are 2 of a kind. What a nice idea to bring a toy to a visitor.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

awww Smkie that is so sweet. My two will pick up toys in excitement. That is so sweet of Vic and Mary. Toodles to them!
Old 07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Big German Shepherd

Quote:
Good thing you got rid of that friend. How horrible he is! I would have been very upset too if I were you.
Oh, I was... I was. Rocky was just so little then, too. Pissed me off big time. You can't touch someone elses dog. That's stupid.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Top Dog

I agree completely. You should never ever hurt or even try to discipline someone elses dog. I can't understand when people do that, b/c the majority of them wouldn't try to discipline someone elses child. Well, I hope they wouldn't anyway.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
EliNHunter - I completely believe that you will find that dog loving person for you one day, so don't give up. There are many caring, dog loving people out there. We jsut have to find each other.

My husbnad's sister has a Mastiff and he is so sweet. Her last boyfriend hated dogs, and of all people to date, he dates someone who not only has a Mastiff, but that dog is her life (as we all well know how that is... ). Well, they eventually broke up and now she is getting married in December to a man from Romania who LOVES her dog so much, and all dogs for that matter. Brady crawled right into bed with him when they came to visit and he loved it. You should have seen the two of them...LOL!

My whole point is you never know where your dog lover may be...
Awww... thanks, Bogo. I've already found out my once-boyfriend of four years isn't long-term material (as in marriage) because of my love of my dog(s). Oh, well... good thing I'm not desparate to find a hubby! I always said before while I was married (for almost 9 years) that if anything ever happened to us, all I need is my cute house and a good dog. Guess I got what I wished for!!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Elin..wish we could both see Must LOve Dogs together..have you seen the promo?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat