Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 05-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Your Mom

I have a Nikon. I liked my first one just fine. This one sucks engorged donkey balls. Hardcore. I wish I could trash it but alas don't have enough cash to buy another digital camera. So I must suffer with sub-par photography *sigh*

PS: All of the professional photographers I know use Canons. I should have listened to them . . .

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 05-12-2008, 08:48 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
Do cameras say what kind they are on them? I mean, not the brand (I know they say the brand on them) but would a Nikon say like, "Nikon D40" or "Nikon D60" on it?

I ask because my in-laws bought a really NICE Nikon digital camera last year and it cost them a lot of money, but I haven't gotten the opportunity to really look at it, so I'm not sure WHAT kind it is. I was going to see if they'd let me borrow it (I'm going to BEG them) so that I can see if I can get some good action shots of Ella and the boys since my camera isn't taking the best action shots. Their camera isn't a point and shoot, it actually has lenses and stuff for it.

Does Nikon require special software to upload pics onto the computer? My camera doesn't, it's automatically recognized by my computer and I never put software on my computer (well, it didn't come with any, anyway and I bought it from a camera store).
my new Nikon D60 has a label on it. It also came with software for computer--although I haven't used that yet (have I-photo and that works fine). I am loving my Nikon--and it takes great pics without too much effort (although I want to learn how to really use it). I looked at Canon and Nikon--all the reviews I saw recommended the Nikon over a Canon SLR.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh, it's *you*

NNNNNNNNikkoon!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 05-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh, it's *you*

If you upload in RAW format you will need special software. My puter which is running Windows XP, does not support the .NEF file type.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisMorphine View Post
I have a Nikon. I liked my first one just fine. This one sucks engorged donkey balls. Hardcore. I wish I could trash it but alas don't have enough cash to buy another digital camera. So I must suffer with sub-par photography *sigh*

PS: All of the professional photographers I know use Canons. I should have listened to them . . .
What are you using?

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 05-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Are you dead yet?

Hate to sound like an echo, but I agree with RedHotDobe and others - adore Nikon's digital SLRs, but Canon has the better P&S cameras (imo).

I haven't had the chance to really use a Canon SLR to its full potential, but considering I've already made an investment in Nikon via lenses... Unless Nikon fails to provide what I need for photography, I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon.

Randomly, I've had my D70 for almost 4 years and it's still going strong. And I take a lot of pictures. I mean a lot...
Old 05-15-2008, 01:12 AM
We are Home.

I LOVE my Canon SLR, Its amazing but from what I have noticed there are very few differences between the two in Quality just in features. But I have the film and digital Canon Rebel EOS.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 05-15-2008, 07:39 AM
feel the magic

Ok, my in-laws have a Nikon D40, but they have 3 lenses for it.
My father-in-law will be bringing it over this friday for me to use.

He doesn't use half the features on it, but he has taken AWESOME pics with it.

I want good action shots. And I want to be able to take pics that I don't have to manipulate so much in gimp to make them look good.
Will I be able to achieve this with the Nikon D40?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Twin 2.0

Outdoor, bright natural light is obviously going to work the best for getting action shots. If you don't want to screw with a lot of settings, then just set it to either Auto or Sports. I got some awesome tubing pictures with Sports because it allows for a photoburst.

My action shots usually get taken on the S-priority setting, with the shutter speed at around 500 or so, depending on light. Auto-focus.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:07 PM
feel the magic

But I'll definitely be able to get better action shots on a Nikon D40 on the most basic setting, than I would say, a regular P&S camera, right?