Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 PM
<--------Orson

*wishes the carpet had self cleaning like the oven*

Hehehehehehehehe
Old 05-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Thanks, Renee. I put some of the oil blotters I use on my face over it and a magazine on top of those. Hopefully they'll suck up the oil. i've got it off the walls, and the dogs have got it off of themselves. lol
My aunt is going to bring me some oxyclean when she gets off of work. We usually have some, but I can't find it anywhere.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Island dweller

You need to stand on it and bounce!

i second the dish soap idea. Diluted with hot water. and papertowels/rags. And then stand on it and bounce. Seriously. well, that's what my mom made me do and it worked. She's a fanatic about her carpets.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

We've lived by this little saying hubby and I came up with when we had our daughter. "when the child is quiet, there is something wrong or they are asleep."

It's so true too. I've found my daughter into so much stuff because she thinks if I can't hear her, I don't know what she's doing. The moment she's really quiet, I know to check on her.

Do you have any carpet cleaner or anything good on grease?? That might help the carpet.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura
Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Oooh ooh try WD 40! That stuff is amazing. I've no idea how it works but I remember using it to get ink stains out and it worked much better than the hairspray technique.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BlackDogs View Post
We've lived by this little saying hubby and I came up with when we had our daughter. "when the child is quiet, there is something wrong or they are asleep."

It's so true too. I've found my daughter into so much stuff because she thinks if I can't hear her, I don't know what she's doing. The moment she's really quiet, I know to check on her.

Do you have any carpet cleaner or anything good on grease?? That might help the carpet.
Quiet children are things to be checked on. I learned this right after he learned to walk. We caught him playing with his sail boats in the toilet. UGH.

I put some Ivory dish soap on it, hoping that works. If not my aunt is bringing over the oxyclean, and if its too terribly stuck, I'll call my BIL and have him bring the carpet cleaner over.

Adam is in bed with a full tummy, he practically passed out after he ate. He was ecstatic to find noodles in his bowl. The kid is a noodle freak... Just glad I didn't find those smeared all over the house.
-_-
Old 05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassOnion View Post
Oooh ooh try WD 40! That stuff is amazing. I've no idea how it works but I remember using it to get ink stains out and it worked much better than the hairspray technique.
Seriously??? But doesn't that stuff stink??

I usually keep acetone nail polish remover in the house, because I do nails for friends every now and then, but I used the last of it for my cousin doing her nails for graduation.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Backward_Cinderella

How do children generate enough peanut butter for all this mess??? I only gave him enough to cover the flippen pill! (pb is finally starting to look like it is coming up. YAY!!)
Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Eh it does for a bit. It's not a lingering smell. And if they do detect anything just tell them one of their doors was squeaky and you fixed it.

Quote:
Seriously...my parents ALWAYS did this to me. I can't tell you how many times I had a great idea to have it spoiled by the concentration it took to pull off (IE me forgetting to make a ruckus). Even to this day when I'm home if I'm too quiet my parents will come to find me and ask what I'm doing. If I'm home and they don't hear music playing (meaning I'm on the computer) or explosions or other odd noises (me playing video games) then they know I'm working on one of my latest projects (my last one set a pan on fire, triggered our fire alarm, and ruined two decorative ceramic plates my mom keeps. Evidently you can't fry chocolate).

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 05-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

There's this stuff called Goo Gone. I t removes oily stains from any fabric. It also dissolves adhesives and chewing gum. Great stuff. And it is safe to use and smells citrusy. I use it to get oily stains off of laundry all the time. Oxy clean is great stuff, too, but not so good on oil.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused