Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirder
most wolf dogs are submissive to other dogs. and most of them have never been in a fight before.
Yeah, but I would think a lot of other dogs would not be in a fight. Also, why would a wolfdog be submissive to another dog but challenge leadership with it's owner.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Puppy Dog

Okay. I wondered why the Irish Wolfhound looked so different from the wolf. I think it's ugly so I didn't bother to do any research on it.
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirder
there isnt much that can beat a pit bull. but for instance lets say your pit bull has never even wrestled with a dog before, and suddenly it encounters a...I dont know, say a great dane that has been in fights before because it lives on the streets and finds food in dumpsters. the dane is likely to win because the pit bull doesnt know what to think or do.
Yes that makes sense...
stirder

I did visit a wolf hybrid breeder once when I was 16. it was a horrible kennel. but they had a male irish wolfhound as a sire, to increase size. but the irish wolfhound as a breed has never had wolf bred into it, as I said before.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:25 PM
stirder

honestly I dont know. my best guess is that most wolf dogs are removed from there mother at around 3-4 weeks old to be hand raised by humans. helps the bond they say. so most of them have no socialization from a young age (we all know I think, that weeks 6-9 are the most important for a puppies mental socialization). so it considers itself more a human than it does a dog.
and killed by another dog was the wrong statement in a way. even if it did win, it would most likely be wounded and the stress from the fight would cause it to run away. if not taken care of a wound could get badly infected and the dog could die.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

oooh, that would make sense...
Old 07-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Staffie Mad

As far as I know we dont have any type of wolf hybrids here in Wales. i find the thought of a wolf dog quite scary.