Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Default Some breeders are snobs

Not all but alot are such snobs. There is a breeder a few hours from me that I see at every show I go to. While thier lines arent "my thing" (they have S. American lines) They are still verry knowlegeable and I would love to chat with them. Well I got a E mail from them congradulating me on Jazz recent BOW over thier "pick boy". They gave me a few rather helpfull tips for the specials ring and asked me about my handling and client base. I guess Im good enough to talk to now.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-30-2008, 07:13 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Yes I know thats the way it is in the world of dog shows. Im just ranting. As a breeder and knowing what it feals like I am vowing to give any and every novice who aproaches me anytime in the near future no matter how big (or not) I get, I will give them all a chance.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-30-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm All Ears

Some are snobs... There is one I have met on a few occasions that just rubs me the wrong way. Eager to lecture everyone else about things he doesn't even do in his lines. apparently he has the 'best lines' when in actuality he simply has a TON of dogs he shows.

Ah well, it's always grand when your dog places over theirs.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

One thing I've noticed since working in the "professional dog field" is that it's FULL of snobs. Trainers constantly say "MY method works, yours DOESN'T," groomers are constantly "having" to fix another groomer's work, and now breeders. I heard the other day about a very heated argument between a group of show handlers about whether or not to leave a collar/leash on a dog in a crate.

I think it's VERY important that we are all aware that it's easy to become a snob ourselves, and to try to stay open-minded about other's opinions.... Either that, or just decide that you're going to do what you want with YOUR dog, and let them do what they want with THEIR dog. (To an extent, of course.... Please report animal abuse!)
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
F150 and a .30-06

That is so true. If I loose oh well. But I LOVE beeting the ones who leave the ring mad and are throwing a tantrum out side the ring. The owner/handler of a bitch who took reserve to Jazz was actually swearing outside the ring. There is a fine line between biased and kennel blind

Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Felurian

Sounds a lot like pretty much every field I've ever dealt with

Some are snots, some are not . . . . You get some real crazies in Fila breeders though.

And sometimes you find out that someone you thought was a snob isn't; they are just not good with people - great with dogs, but painfully shy when it comes to people.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm All Ears

This same guy was approached by a potential pet owner with papillon questions at a show we were at. He went on this horribly long self absorbed rant. My mother and I were sitting there with these looks on our faces. The poor woman looked terrified and like she had wished she'd never asked. He ranted for a good 30 minutes and all she'd asked were some basic questions! Scaring people away is just no good.

Then his dog took dead last in a large class.

I love Kharma.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Let it be

I couldn't handle the show world of any kind. I get enough politics simply owning a Border Collie. Could you imagine me showing dogs? HAHAH. I'm not one to tolerate anyone speaking ill of my dogs. Call me any name under the sun but call my dog a name and lord all mighty you went too far.

I went to a show as a casual observer. Some of the conversations I over heard made me giggle.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
Not all but alot are such snobs. There is a breeder a few hours from me that I see at every show I go to. While thier lines arent "my thing" (they have S. American lines) They are still verry knowlegeable and I would love to chat with them. Well I got a E mail from them congradulating me on Jazz recent BOW over thier "pick boy". They gave me a few rather helpfull tips for the specials ring and asked me about my handling and client base. I guess Im good enough to talk to now.
From what you said in just your two posts I'd take it as a compliment since they took the time to even e-mail instead of being like many and simply congratulating you ringside. There's too many crazies in the dog world, and I wouldn't sweat the small stuff.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dogs View Post
From what you said in just your two posts I'd take it as a compliment since they took the time to even e-mail instead of being like many and simply congratulating you ringside. There's too many crazies in the dog world, and I wouldn't sweat the small stuff.
+1

From what I hear, competitive obedience isn't much better, and that's a part of it that I dread. I don't do the drama/politics/clique thing. It'll be me and my dog and that's all I'm going to worry about.