Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Are you dead yet?

tl_ashmore... I have a neighbor kid who used to tease, torment & throw rocks at my Shiner dog... Shiner however was only aggressive with HIM, but your dog probably associates all strangers with that... Spy on the little brats once in a while and see what they do.. Then scare the daylights out of 'em by walking out and yelling "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

It worked for me and the little kid who tortured Shiner... Good luck!
Old 08-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I will watch them this weekend, and let you know what I find out!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Felurian

A camera or camcorder might be a handy thing to have. I don't know how it's handled there, but here I can report that kind of thing to animal control. It doesn't do a lot to stop it, but it creates a paper trail so that if something does happen, there's evidence that the dog is not at fault.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I didn't catch those kids doing anything to the dogs this weekend, but I was watching Bula with my 6 year old nephew, Nathan. I had Bula out in the yard at my sisters house with her "sisters". Any time me or my sister would go outside, Bula would jump on us constantly, but as soon as Nathan walked outside, Bula would run over to him, and sit right there at his feet. She wouldn't jump on him or anything. She does anything he tells her to do. He would tell her to sit, and she would do it. If Bula started playing rough with Dixie or one of the other dogs, Nathan would tell her to behave, and she would go sit down by him. She listens to him better than she listens to me. Even if I take her outside on her leash, she pulls me all the time, but Nathan took her out Friday, and she stayed right by his side. I don't understand why she is so scared of some kids, and just absolutley loves Nathan and does whatever he says.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Felurian

She knows Nathan and he's 'hers.' Dogs know who belongs and who doesn't, and who loves them and who doesn't. She also knows that Nathan's small and she has to be gentle around him and mind him. Bula's just a smart girl.