Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Top Dog

I was very disappointed when I wanted to buy a female to keep my line going and went to Bubba's line . They wanted co-ownership and if I didn't want to show , the dog would be fixed . I understand and appreciated their concern ..... they had Championship Dogs ( Meadow Pond ) . To them I could have been a BYB wanting to use their Kennel name ....They bred everything I love in a Golden . Anyway , no more Hawthorn Hill goldens and I've got my Ollie !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
I dont see how a SSN is of any importance to a breeder.

A car dealership wants it if you are taking out a loan on the car... they want to check your records, make sure you arent going to default... I get it.

But last time I saw my credit report, I did not see anything on it about my ability to care for a dog.

I understand when a breeder wants to call your vet, or your groomer, or maybe even your neighbor but I dont see how they feel my SSN is any of their business.
You can find current address and employment with a SSN and a birth date.

If someone drops out of sight on me, I want to be able to find them and make sure the dog they have is ok.

It might never happen, but if it DOES, I want to be able to find my puppy.

Once a person writes that information on their contract, it is filed away. It is in no online files. It is on the paper contract only, and it is only for my use if I need to find someone.

And it's just my (and apparently a few others') way of doing things. It is certainly ok if someone does things differently, and it's also ok if someone would rather not provide that info.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

^^^^ wise course ! Luckily I knew how to contact everyone .

Old 04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
^^^^ wise course ! Luckily I knew how to contact everyone .
what if they move or change their number and don't tell you? I am dealing with getting a dog back that I bred due to failure of the contract. She changed her number and moved, I only heard through the grapevine what is going on and where she is. I will be asking for at least a DL # in the future, as well as adding what will happen if you don't follow the contract IN the contract.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Most of mine were through friends and family connections . I could contact them today .

Old 04-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

You can have my phone number. You can have my e-mail. You can have my address. You can have that info for a couple of contacts, such as my parents, who can find me. You can't have my SSN, or my DL#. Its not because I don't trust you, but because those are NOT your business. Period. Unless you have a reason to run a credit check on me, you don't need them. And buying a puppy should not be grounds for a credit check. IF you really want to make sure I have enough money, I'll give you a redacted bank statement.

I don't mean to be rude, but I am so dang tired of everyone and their cousin thinking they are entitled to very private information. Yes, a puppy is a life long relationship. I've been engaged to Mike for 7 years, and he doesn't know my SSN and I don't know his. If my fiance doesn't know my SNN, then you don't need to know either.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
You can have my phone number. You can have my e-mail. You can have my address. You can have that info for a couple of contacts, such as my parents, who can find me. You can't have my SSN, or my DL#. Its not because I don't trust you, but because those are NOT your business. Period. Unless you have a reason to run a credit check on me, you don't need them. And buying a puppy should not be grounds for a credit check. IF you really want to make sure I have enough money, I'll give you a redacted bank statement.

I don't mean to be rude, but I am so dang tired of everyone and their cousin thinking they are entitled to very private information. Yes, a puppy is a life long relationship. I've been engaged to Mike for 7 years, and he doesn't know my SSN and I don't know his. If my fiance doesn't know my SNN, then you don't need to know either.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh, it's *you*

Lilavati...agreed. ANYTHING on a contract is only secure, as long as the people holding it are on good terms...no thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 AM

I'm curious, why would you feel you had to track down a puppy anyway? am I understanding then that once a person signs your contract, you feel the right to know where they are for what you perceive is the life of the dog? and if they move, you MUST know about it? so...do you routinely contact every owner you've sold to, and exactly what would tracking them down thru their employer do for you anyway? sorry...so many questions. I think once I've passed the screenings, my dog and my life are my business. I wouldn't even consider giving a breeder my ss#. besides, even if you track down the owner....who is to say they can't just tell you anything anyway. that said, there's no purpose for you to have that personal information. I've never known anyone that wasn't happy to keep in touch with the breeder...updates...pics...a bond. BUT.......they don't own me.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Crazy Dog!

Because sometimes you hear through the grapevine that the owners aren't treating your dogs they way they should per contract. Some people buy a dog and sign a neuter contract and never send proof of neuter. Then you have no idea if they are out there breeding and ruining your kennel name or not. If they have ill intentions they might change their phone number or mailing address. How do you think puppy mills and BYB's get their hands on finished champions?