Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 06-25-2008, 07:51 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Dinner tonight! I am cooking for the mother in law that hates me! Yipes!

Mushroom stuffed chicken with creamed cauliflower.

Chicken breasts with skin on.
Fry 1lb chopped mushrooms in olive oil until cooked. Lift skin of chicken and stuff with mushrooms. Season breasts and place in oven proof dish. Pour chicken stock around breasts and cook for 35 minutes.

Steam cauliflower until soft and mash, add cheese sauce and blend.

Serve with roasted veggies (and broken glass for mother in law)
How could she NOT love you after that puppy? It's making my mouth water!

And Buckaroo.........THAT. LOOKS. AMAZING. I am so missing my pastas right now *sniffle* cutting back carbs sucks!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Cooper's Mom

Don't be scared of carbohydrates, ACooper...carbohydrates and protein are what fills us up so we don't reach for that chocolate or rich cupcake. Just a suggestion, when you see a recipe, look at the nutritional information at the bottom. I do so I don't go without nice food... Besides it is one way to test recipes when you live with someone, they are your guinea pigs (test tasters). I love cooking and even if I am a retired photographer now, I treat my food as another photo-opp to practice bending my little pointer finger on the shutter release of my camera...

Someone has stolen my good little angel and replaced it with a little monster!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Cooper's Mom

Tonight after coming home from volunteering to help bag sands in a town on the other side of the Mississippi, I thought I will cooking substantial for my husband. I made sausage meat and leek tart:

then for dessert, I gave him Caramel Coffee Cake:

a close up...

Old 06-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

Wow !!! And served in a silver slipper . no less !!!! Spoiled brat!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-05-2008, 10:02 AM
<--------Orson

Okay I had too much to do yesterday so we didn't even cook out!

We are cooking out today, but I am still uncertain of the entire menu. I have pork steaks and that is about it. I will post when it's done

I am SHOCKED there aren't tons of grilling pics in here.............what's going on people! I needed ideas!! hahahaha
Old 07-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Cooper's Mom

ACooper...if you want inspiration on what you may want to cook daily or for occasions, go to this page then click on the picture of the food you may want and it will take you to the website that has the recipe.

Hope this helps...

P.S. We did do a grill for last night's Independence Day then we went with some neighbour-friends of us to watch the fireworks. I had taken 151 photos altogether....

Old 07-14-2008, 08:06 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Omega 3 Turkey meatballs

Ground Turkey meat
bread crumbs
ground flax seed and almonds
Omega 3 eggs
soy sauce
black pepper
tyme
tarragon
nutmeg

I usually make 2 lbs of turkey meat and add 2-3 eggs. A good bit of flax seed and almonds. pour in some soy sauce, and add a pinch of everything else. mix up, and bake for about 20 mins at 385. I normally come out with about 40 med/small meatballs... yummy yummy yummy. I add them to all sorts of things, stroganoff as a main dish, tomato sauce, gravy...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Original Twin

Hillsides Hotdish:
1 pound ground beef
1 box of Velveeta shells and cheese
1 4 oz can of tomato sauce
Chili powder to taste

Prepare the shells and cheese according the normal instructions while browning the beef.
Drain the beef and add the can of tomato sauce. Add chili powder to taste. ( I usually add until the mixture is a deep red.) Pour the shells into a smallish baking dish and layer the beef on top. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes to set. Enjoy.

My mom got this recipe off of a Velveeta box when I was a wee kiddo and I was picky as all get out. I STILL absolutely love it.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I made Indian inspired meat skewers. Ground meat, lots of ground marsala, coriander, and turmeric... finely chopped fresh garlic and onions.... yummy! Had that with a "fruity" salad as contrast... peaches, raspberry vinaigrette, etc.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Walks into Mordor

Here's one I just came up with. Turned out insanely good, and is also very healthy for you.

Stuffed Summer Squash ala Gempress

4 medium-sized scalloped squash or 8-ball zucchini squash
1 Japanese eggplant, or substitute small Italian eggplant
1 bunch sweet basil
1 large tomato
1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 tblspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
2 cups of cooked brown rice, tender yet slightly firm on outside. A rice cooker does this perfectly.
salt and pepper

Dice the eggplant into 1/2-inch pieces (if you're using the Italian eggplant, peel first). Put the eggplant pieces in a strainer and liberally salt to leach out the bitterness. Let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse off excess salt and drain.

Cut the squash in half down the middle. With a spoon, scoop out a good-sized hollow in each half for the filling. Save the tender squash flesh you remove, and cut it in a 1/2-inch dice.

Chop tomato into 1/2-inch pieces. You can peel and seed it if you want, but I never bother. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, toast it in the oil for a moment, and add tomatoes. After the tomatoes are tender, add the eggplant pieces and diced squash middles. Cook for 3-4 minutes, than add shrimp. When shrimp are nice and pink, add the cooked brown rice. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Finely chop the fresh basil, add to the pan, and remove from heat.

Very lightly drizzle the squash halves with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Liberally fill each squash half with the rice mixture. Don't be afraid to mound it high. Put the squash halves in a roasting pan, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes-1 hour, until the squash halves are tender.

For a very yummy (yet not as healthy) variation, cover each squash half with mozzarella and parmesean cheese 10 minutes before you take it out of the oven.

Last edited by Gempress; 07-16-2008 at 12:37 PM.