Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-26-2008, 03:30 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

Default Fencing my yard

I am getting the landlord's permission to put up a fence. I know she will not care at all, because when i move (if i ever do) i will take it down. My yard is pretty big, but since there is a main highway right in front of it and my low budget I have decided to only fence in the side yard. I dont like the idea of a fence being so close to the road anyway.

My dad has over 10 acres fenced in with cattle fencing. It has always worked fine. Although it looks red neck I think I will do that. oh yeah, i live in Kentucky so its okay to be red neck!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:35 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

So what kind of fence do most of you guys have?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:55 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I have 6' chain link with locked gates.

You can see my fencing in the background of some of my pictures.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Felurian

THAT is the sort of fence I aspire to, Red . . . . unless I could manage a solid 7' privacy fence, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Trust me. When 3 or 4 Rottweilers are charging it, and hit it full speed, flip around, and run up and down, I am really GLAD it is a strong as it is.

It was not cheap. It IS portable, but surely not easy to move. It's 9G wire, with serious reinforcement on the bottom so that it cannot be torn from the frame EVER. It takes 2 strong men to move even the panels without the gates.

It was worth EVERY CENT.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:05 PM
feel the magic

We're putting up a 6' privacy fence next weekend. The utility companies just came out this week and sprayed our yards to let us know it was ok to dig.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I'm not sure you can see in the photo, but it is a double fence. On both sides there is also 4' chain link, with about 4' between the fences. This way my neighbors (and/or their dogs) are always at least 4' from my dogs.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Felurian

Smart . . . and not just for keeping the dogs separate. If there is going to be a fence, there should always, ALWAYS be a clearly dilineated PERMANENT line marker of some sort if the fence isn't a line fence. It's quite common for non line fences to become, over time, the boundary. And it sticks in court.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Designed for Love

i would LOVE to be able to have a fence. i live in a 55+ mobile home park and fences are not allowed. i HATE it! my little lily would just love to be let out to explore the yard and run around all she wants on her own without me on the end of a leash.... does anyone know if those underground fences work on smallish yards?? thanks for any replies....

Old 04-27-2008, 05:10 PM
and Fozzie B!

That's great! Fences make dog owning MUCH easier. ; )

I think my favorite part about my backyard is the fence. It's 6', 7' in the front. The fence along the front has cement under it, so there isn't even the opportunity for them to dig out. And the locks are really secure.

You can see part of it in this picture... I'm just way too lazy to go out and take a picture. That's the front, on the right side. The reddish wood is a really huge double-gate. The darker wood is the normal fencing.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie