Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Puppy Dog

Default How many pets are too many

How many would you stop at?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:53 PM
just call me Nilly

However many you can capably care for, provide them with everything they need (both costing time and money). It's going to be different for every person.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

When I couldn't treat them or care for them as individuals ... care for them properly...result to outdoor cages etc . Pets to me are part of the family .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

It depends on how much time, money, and space I have... as well as whether or not I'm living with other people. On my own, my limit will probably be two dogs, perhaps three at one time. Living here with my mom, we can properly care for 4-6 dogs.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Original Twin

We have two dogs and a bunny. I think that is our personal limit. I think for us, that giving more than two dogs the individual time they need would be difficult.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Right now for me, i think i'm at my limit. (except maybe add a tarantula)

When i get my own place, i may get another dog.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Let it be

I've grown up with a lot of horses kicking around but we only ever had one dog. I'm at my limit for dogs right now. Well, over really because I said I wouldn't have more than two dogs for a few years and then Miley showed up. I could see adding another dog when the boys are older. So long as the animals are being properly taken care of it shouldn't be an issue of how many.

I don't think I'll ever be getting more cats. I love my little ladies but I am not a huge cat lover. Don't get me wrong I do love mine to pieces but I wouldn't go out of my way to own a cat. I'd never have any more caged pets. I love rats dearly but they are too short lived. So heart breaking when they go.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

My personal limit was always two. But ever since Jesse moved in with his three I realized its not too bad. When we move out together we will have four dogs all together (all medium to small) and three cats. I think 4-5 dogs is my new limit.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 04-25-2008, 07:13 PM
BusterLove

Depends on my situation. For instance when I move out I woulkd consider taking on a couple of rats. Probably not a cat for a while though. But after a while, maybe. Then Time for a second dog lol

It depends on how much time I have, how much money I have and if I can keep them under my rook (like renting)

Old 04-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

I think having too many dogs(like on TV a woman had 50 -_-) because you can't possibley love each invidually. But if you can love and care for them all that's great. Unfortunately in TN a lot of people I've seen have little cages or their dogs are just chained up ..all the time. I'm going to rescue a few of my boyfriends relatives dogs that are in that situation because it's just sad.

But as long as you can do the right thing by your dogs I don't see a problem with having a nice group of them. Cats, though, are so independant that I don't see it as big of a problem to have a bunch of cats at one time. As long as they are all cared for, brushed, fed properly, etc etc. I think the most cats we've ever had at once was 5 x]