Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-10-2005, 06:16 PM
stirder

shedding isnt a problem, as Ive said I have had a golden before, for 13 years. been around a lot of them and I wouldnt call them hyper. they deffinetly have energy, but arent hyper, from my experience anyway...less than cattle dogs.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Top Dog

r u sure no malamute?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:21 PM
stirder

Ive trained quite a few and dont think it would be the right match for my wife. in some ways but they are a little too hard headed in my experience, and cant be trusted off leash.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:22 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirder
shedding isnt a problem, as Ive said I have had a golden before, for 13 years. been around a lot of them and I wouldnt call them hyper. they deffinetly have energy, but arent hyper, from my experience anyway...less than cattle dogs.
My Lab is very calm, but as puppies up until they're about two...gosh, they're active and energetic!!
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:23 PM
stirder

well yeah, cant argue that. I will say this though...not as active as a gsd of the same age. and that energy level when young is good, it can keep up with butt head (strider).
Old 07-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirder
Ive trained quite a few and dont think it would be the right match for my wife. in some ways but they are a little too hard headed in my experience, and cant be trusted off leash.
Yeah...your definetly right...most are pretty stubborn (hard headed) and can't be trusted off leash....I wish you luck in finding a good match
Old 07-10-2005, 06:45 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Ok personallly I would say a Cattle Dog
1. Because I own one and they r great pets
2. They r very loyal and easy easy easy to train....my pup is 4 months old and knows sit,stay,come,down,down (sort of), and is getting to the tricks already
3. I think they would be one of the best dogs for your wife other than a Golden

Thats it sorry if I sound pushing or snotty I'm not trying to be.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:55 PM
stirder

actually thats exactly what I want, people to say what they have and give reasons why they think it would be perfect for her, or horrible for her. you didnt sound pushy or snotty, you sounded like you know the breed and understood the questions. not saying no one else did, I appreciate all the posts so far. opinions are just a lot more beleivable when they are based on what you have, or have had.
again thank you everyone very very much for all the replies.
personally I still have MY list narrowed down to aussie, golden or lab. she is basing her list on which is the cutest. luckily she knows that I know a lot more than she does about dogs and training, so she gave me veto power
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Hmm...if you wanted a small dog, I'd say Corgi. But I am confused by what you consider "small". lol
Corgis shed about as much as a GSD does. They are highly trainable, and have the activity level that could keep up with a GSD. When socialized, they can get along well with a cat. So ya, reading your wants, I just thought: Corgi.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:00 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Ok just wnated to make sure I didn't sound pushy, and thanks for saying I wasn't pushy. I've read a book Cattle Dogs and a 350 page book on Goldens, this was before I thought I was getting the Cattle Dog. But Cattle DOgs are get pets really they are. Um let me ask u a question where do you live? Like what state?......I was asking cause I know someone who has Cattle Dogs if you are interested in getting one. How about this will you go to the chatroom and lets talk there if you want . Thanks