Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-09-2005, 10:40 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

not my house, not for an instant...i don't even let bones in. and once a year maybe if that and only if someone gives it to me will there be bones in this house. They go into a glass jar in the fridge until the second the trash man comes. I am not careless with my love. I don't take chances ever.
I am pretty sure the first sign would be an intense itching to the feet, but i don't know for sure. Old boss poisoned the rats in the food barn and around the pigeon pen too. A rat will take a pigeon out right thru the wires..the grab on..it is horrible. I know about the rats because i found them dead that way.
When you have a 500 lbs of dog food on hand at a time..I fed 75 lbs a day..your going to get rats. Add the duck grain too and it's a sure bet.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Big German Shepherd

I hope I don't get rats...
Old 07-09-2005, 10:53 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

there will be one or two for you to deal with in your life time Big Dog..you can bet on it..they are more common then you know..my father was in kc bottoms the year of the big flood. He had a machine shop down there by the cattle stockyards. He said they climbed up on this wooden thing..(i don't remember exactly what he said) but the rats climbed up right along with them. That was a huge flood.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

We had a rat run across from the people across the streets house to ours, but lucas being the hunter he is grabbed it and threw it up in the air, Of course I told him to drop it and he did (good boy) and it ran the other way out of our yard....lol
Old 07-09-2005, 11:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

That was a dandy direction for the rat to run. My lab killed a few and i would go over every inch of his muzzle making sure he wasn't bit. The bites are horribly infectious.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
That was a dandy direction for the rat to run. My lab killed a few and i would go over every inch of his muzzle making sure he wasn't bit. The bites are horribly infectious.
I was worried about that and that lucas would get a disease from it, so I checked him over really good. But he was fine and after he looked at my like "why'd you make me let it go? I almost had it!!" LOL
Old 07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Big Mutts

Carey was rolling on something in our house a few yares ago. I made her move to investigate and saw this lil tiny thing. I thought it was a frog so I went to pick it up with a paper towel. It ended up being a lil tiny hairless baby mouse. Sorry to say i am so sqeamish about mice/rats I put something on top of it and it waited until James came home.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Jerk.

Ild run to the vet first off, even if it was the roommates dog. Thankfully I dont keep anything like that within the dogs reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
stirder

deffinetly let us know how it turns out. when I lived in Texas the family across the street had a 200 pound saint bernard. they pulled out their fridge to clean under/behind it and turned around for a few seconds. in that short time the saint bernard ate about 1/10 of a small packet of rat poison. they didnt know it at the time, untill about 3 hours later when the dog started vomitting blood and having seizures. they immediatly took him to the vet, 10-15 minutes away. by the time they got into the examining room he had such bad seizures that he broke his own neck before the vet could do anything. rat poison is not to be messed with and NEVER comes into my house. we dont even spray pesticides indoors. every 4 months a pest control guy comes to spray outside, and dogs dont go outside for 3 hours. they say it takes 45 minutes and then it is safe, but I wait the 3 hours. and anytime our babies go outside we are with them.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Big German Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
there will be one or two for you to deal with in your life time Big Dog..you can bet on it..they are more common then you know..my father was in kc bottoms the year of the big flood. He had a machine shop down there by the cattle stockyards. He said they climbed up on this wooden thing..(i don't remember exactly what he said) but the rats climbed up right along with them. That was a huge flood.
NO! I hate rats... noooooo...