Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question How's your dogs muscle tone?

Bodhi is pretty solid. She has thighs like rock!! You can see lovely when she's been swimming in the sun (but not sure what sun is anymore...).

I have a friend, who lives away, think he has only see Bo once and was playing with her and actually said to me "oooh feel the muscle on her - you DO walk her" I said - yes, only a few miles at a time, you know... and take her swimming, and on sand...... We went 10 miles the other day

I'd hate to have a fat dog to be honest - I prefer Bo a bit trim, to a bit over weight. But as a rule, she's usually spot on.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-19-2008, 08:33 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Buddy and Bella's muscle tone amaze me. I'll catch them in the sunlight or when running and I'm just in awe. Banzai fluctuates on his weight a lot, from a little too skinny to a little too chubby, but when he's "just right" he looks great- although it's hard to see under all of that fur of his.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:37 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor is slender and strong and supple without a trace of excess body fat. FRom wearing a coat this winter his weight stayed consistant too. Pepper is the iron woman from her obivous manic exercise routine. Mary has as good of muscle tone as you can expect in a geriatric dog. WE walk every day, good days further, yesterday we really cut it short. None are over muscled nor under. And especially not fat. After managing a kennel for 20 years i automatically add or detract food amount without thinking about it by however the dog in front of me looks.

PErsonally i don't think bulk muscle is as important as the kind that VIctor has. He can run all day long without tiring. Pepper may be the sprinter extroidinaire, but she could never do with her iron muscles what he can. I bet she wishes she could however.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 04-19-2008, 08:42 AM
~Lisa~

Blaze is solid and just built like a tank. When you look at blaze (in persona) you would think he only weighed 45-50lbs, but he is just over 60lbs, I can feel eh firs few ribs. When you touch his "arms" and legs all you can feel is muscle.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 AM
feel the magic

Ella's not to muscley for an APBT. I REALLY plan on changing that. People compliment how nicely toned she is all the time, but I think it's because they are not aware of what a nice, in shape APBT really looks like.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Top Dog

Meg has a ridge of muscle in each thigh that people petting her often mistake for a bone. They are that solid! She has fairly "loose" skin, so other than on her thighs, she just looks like a nice, trim dog. It's when you put your hands on her that you realize just how fit she is. I'm jealous of her!

Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 PM
<--------Orson

I think both Phoebe and Orson are in pretty good shape. Phoebe is darn close to nine years old and is still pretty solid and active.

I don't think Orson's chest is as filled out as it should be, but his thighs are rock hard and very shapely...........when he stands up at the window sill it always makes me chuckle because his thighs are all muscley and his waist is so tiny........looks like a body building guy with SUPER short legs! LOL
Old 04-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Water Junkie

Lizzie has serious muscle tone on her thighs. You can't see it for the fur, but if you feel her legs you know.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Twin 2.0

The dogs are a little "soft" right now because of winter but we're building back up to "summer fit". You can see the muscles working in Virgo's legs and Sawyer's pretty solid under all that hair. You just have to put your hands on him to feel it.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:03 PM
*Biter*

You can see Hannah's muscle tone pretty well in this short video clip.

Clickity

(Yeah, there's no sound)

She's all muscle, no fat, and has been since she was a pup. She's just solid.

Corvus is insanely muscular. Very lean muscle though. He looks much lighter than his true weight. To look at him, you'd think he probably weighed 50-ish pounds but the little tank is around 70-ish. He's as strong as an ox. He can totally own Hannah as well as me in a game of tuggies. He also enjoys springpole time and will hang there tugging as long as I'll let him.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt