Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Top Dog

Sandy, she was a cocker spaniel and had little freckles on her nose. She died when I was 10 and it broke my heart.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

I grew up with a shepard named Penny. Who unfortunately got hit by a car. But then we got another shepard and my parents named her Penny also. She absolutely loved carrying rocks into the house. We'd have to catch her with them and get rid of them because she would chew them and ruin her teeth. She was too much for my parents and we ended giving her to a kind couple that lived on a farm.

Then when I was around 12 I think, we got Mandy our Lhasa Apso and Toby, also a Lhasa Apso, soon after. My Brother brought home Sabre, Shepard x Golden Retriever. All passed by old age. Then my brother had Taz, Rottie x Shepard mix when he was on his own (I had to take Taz in for a couple months though ) He was such a sweetie. We think he was poisoned somehow at my brother's new house.

When Tony and I married, we got Spencer, a Lhasa Apso, who passed at the age of 13. And now we have Sadie and Nora.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Top Dog

I grew up with abby and agar a black and yellow lab but my first actaual dog was penny a shar pei/beagle/lab mix I took out of someones backyard.The mom was just laying there dying and the pup had a huge cut on its head. I only had her for six months or so because she had such bad seperation anxiety we gave her to a stay at home mom around the corner from us.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Big German Shepherd

I like this thread, so "bump".

Anymore?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:31 AM
Harley & Abby

Harley is the first dog I've ever owned (we got him when I was 9). We were going to get a Corgi from a petshop, and were so close to buying it, but this woman came up to us and said that the puppies were sick and that we shouldn't buy them, and she knew they were sick as she was a breeder of Corgies. We got Harley when he was 5 weeks old... Young, isn't it? None of us were aware of how old a dog should be before it's left its mother. If it was up to me I would have had a dog much sooner, but my mum had been a cat person at the time.

Here's a photo of Harley at about 7 weeks (on the left), and at about 8 years old on the right (he's 9 1/2 years old now):

Last edited by Swiftwind; 07-16-2005 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:54 AM
I W A L R

The first dog I ever saw was Sheba.She was my grandma's dog, and I always used to go over there all of the time!She was scared of me, thought, because when I was a toddler-well, lets just say you know what I didnt mean to do, but I was just curious!
Old 07-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Are you dead yet?

Shiner was the first dog that I considered mine. (Legally, she belonged to my brother, but he asked us to "watch" her for him. We did - for close to 9 years.) She was a Labrador/Chow Chow mix.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Wolfpack

My first doggy was a black cocker spaniel.She was a sweetheart...But we were so busy...we didn't have time for her...so at 1 year of age we had to give her...Now she'd suppose to be 13-14 years old....I cried so much when we gave her up...I was 9 and couldn't understand...Well...That's life...

Old 07-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Bernese Mountain Dog!

gime me some time to update the results,keep posting!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Top Dog

My dad would never let me have a dog, but I spent a lot of time at my Grandma's house, and I kind of thought of her dog Holly as mine. I loved her to death. She was a crazy Boston Terrier.