Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

Good luck with that! I don't think you will find any dog lover that leaves their dog outside to avoid having a muddy house
Old 07-10-2005, 12:49 PM
no touchy

No one was trying to be mean to you. I'm sorry that you feel offended, but no one (NO ONE) is saying you abuse or neglect your dogs.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:50 PM
no touchy

She is probably young and has no choice of where her dogs live. My family also has wood floors. Our backdoor is located in our kitchen, where we have nice wood flooring. Muddy footprints are very common when we get rain. We make sure to have a big pile of rags near the doorway and bring the dogs in one by one to have their paws wiped off. It's a hassle, but we can't keep them outside. They'd die, even though we'd take good care of them - the weather is too much for them to handle and mentally they'd go crazy.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

well i think this is whole miscommunication. You dont leave your dog outside all day and night in winter right? they get warmth whether it be outside or inside right?
yes sand stone some people dont walk their dogs but that makes them not the best owners. And i know you must be a good one be3cause you care enough about your dogs to come on this ite. we were just thinking you left them out all the time, (like some people do) like day and night for a seqason. I hope your outside a lot to help socialize and play with them. But they come inside to right so yea....
Old 07-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandStone_Kennels
im leaving. ill go to another board where im respected and been nice 2. i cant believe it
I must agree with everyone else....*edit* I should restate that....your getting a little too defensive, like gaddy said, no one wants anythin other than to make sure you take care of your dogs, which it does seem like you care for them and take good care of them.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA
yea, they have fur, but not a parka!
???was that to me?
Old 07-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

wait sandstone's new though. Sandstone why dont you take a break from here and then come back, people will forget, we are really nice here. i have been to ther forums and they are mean they think purebreads are best, just try again
Old 07-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290
???was that to me?
no that was to sandstone
Old 07-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA
no that was to sandstone
ok...I was just confused
Old 07-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Top Dog

The problem is that he doesn't see the middle ground between people who have their dog sleep in their bed and eat their dinner food and people who don't walk their dog and leave them outside all the time. Trying to justify that you are not a bad owner because you walk your dogs and other people don't is not a good argument at all. It just says there are bad owners out there. What's new?

I don't have the dogs sleep in my bed, and they never get any of my food (ok maybe once every two weeks), but I wouldn't even consider leaving them alone outside for more than 10 minutes, because dogs are social animals that need to be with people. And he seems to be more obsessed with his clean floor than the happiness of his dogs, that's what is bothering me. I have no doubt either that if it's rainy for a week his dogs will be outside for a week. And I just can't understand that.

Yet his only way of answering our concerns is to attack us, instead of trying to explain his actions. A muddy floor is hardly enough an argument to justify this in my opinion.

Bah, whatever, I give up, some people you just can't reason with. And I totally agree, this forum is by far the best I have seen, full of wonderful people, and we all argue with each other from time to time but we learn from it, because we just care about what's best for our dogs. I don't think this guy would learn anything from it, he would just get angry at everyone.