Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
I wonder what happened to the blue one's collar? If the dog had a collar on, he could have choked the dog off the brown one. I know the brown one was the offender, but the blue one had a hold, at the end, of the brown one.

The dog might've slipped her collar in the scuffle. That's an awful situation.
If you look at the video again, you will see that both the blue dog and the black dog are wearing collars. The blue dog's leash can be seen at the beginning. Evidently the man was walking his two dogs on leashes when they were attacked by the loose dog.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
Not nice, really sad.

But the one thing I have learnt is that if tere is a fight and one dog won't let go, don't pull. You'll do more damage to the dog it is holding.

I think the worst thing about that though, was that it was all noise and snapping. They were grabbing and holding and not letting go.
that is EXACLTY what i was thinking..why are they pulling!!! THey should be pushing in... SHeeesh. that was horrid. THere is not enough money in the world to compensate for one of my dog's eyes.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 AM
feel the magic

Ok, I think I see a black leash laying on the road, off to the side of the dogs. I know the black dog has a red leash.
I had to go back and watch it again.

When our fence goes up, Ella will NEVER be out in our yard without me or my husband out there with her. AND I will NEVER just open the door and let her out into the yard. I'll take her out on leash and make sure ALL the gates are shut and I'll be checking the yard for any dangerous debris.

And most pit bulls won't redirect (not that it never happens) onto the human, it's not in their nature to do so. They are too focused on what they are after.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:55 AM
<--------Orson

That is a sad vid

I am always paranoid walking our dogs, I really am. I am just so frightened that something like THAT will happen. And I don't just mean with a pittie.......that could happen with ANY breed, it's just worse to get them apart with pitties I think.

My 11 year old is always wanting to walk Phoebe to his friends or around the block without us. I know he is old enough, but it's stuff like THAT which keeps me from letting him
Old 04-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
Ok, I think I see a black leash laying on the road, off to the side of the dogs. I know the black dog has a red leash.
I had to go back and watch it again.

When our fence goes up, Ella will NEVER be out in our yard without me or my husband out there with her. AND I will NEVER just open the door and let her out into the yard. I'll take her out on leash and make sure ALL the gates are shut and I'll be checking the yard for any dangerous debris.

And most pit bulls won't redirect (not that it never happens) onto the human, it's not in their nature to do so. They are too focused on what they are after.
Ya know, there needs to be more pittie owners like YOU out there!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:37 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Old 04-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Are you dead yet?

Sad, sad, sad for that guy and his dog...

Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

That video was so sad...
Old 04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Top Dog

Horrible to watch !!! Glad that my sound was off !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Snow Girl

Hmmm I dunno how much I believe that this was just an "accident". I mean to me, it doesnt seem like they are trying very hard to get the dogs apart...Though that could just be lack of knowledge on their part...But then when the black dog is not engaged at all, why is no one hanging on to him so later he becomes involved again over and over??? Also, who's filming? why dont they put the camera down and at least grab the black dog, or better yet, help break up the whole fight. If the blue and black dogs belong to that one man, why is he so reluctant to physically break his dog's grip using his hands? It seems like he is only half-ased trying to get his blue pit to release the gip when he already has it in the area (just patting the sides and sweetly asking it to let go...seems more like praise than anyhting...)

Either way though, a street fight is a very scary thing especially when there are more than 2 dogs involved!!!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"