Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Squishy22

Angry THIS is why people need to contain their dogs! Vid.

This video is a little bit graphic, and very scary. Apparently the brown dog jumped its fence and started attacking a mans two dogs. Its just insane. Those poor poor dogs and its poor owner! Thank god the two men didnt get hurt trying to get the dogs apart.

As some of you know, I have had run ins with loose dogs with Reggin and just the other day he got into a fight, although it was nothing like whats in the video. It was more of a scrap. This video really gets me in the gut, because I have had close calls before.

The most important thing is to ALWAYS have protection with you! From seeing the video I dont even think pepper spray would break those dogs apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXiO_...eature=related
Old 04-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Squishy22

I really hope the owner of the brown dog has to pay for the blue dogs damaged eye.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:50 AM
Island dweller

That's so awful. I'm glad the officer said that it's the way they are being trained and he thinks they could be nice dogs.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Backward_Cinderella

Wow
Just wow.
There is a dog on our regular walk route that is always trying to jump the fence. This makes me wonder if I should maybe change the way we walk, to avoid something like this. I carry a low voltage tazer with me when we go, but I'd rather I never have to use it.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:44 AM
BusterLove

Not nice, really sad.

But the one thing I have learnt is that if tere is a fight and one dog won't let go, don't pull. You'll do more damage to the dog it is holding.

I think the worst thing about that though, was that it was all noise and snapping. They were grabbing and holding and not letting go.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:53 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Wow. That was a really sad video. I felt bad for all the dogs involved. I think it was the brown pit bull that jumped the fence? And they were all fighting each other, it was like they just lost their heads and started attacking.

I hope all of the owners learned a lesson. A very sad lesson, but, just wow. Thats a powerful video and statement right there.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

Thats very sad!! and so avoidable, just contain your dog!! I agree with mrose though, at least in my breed we don't pull if they get into it (( we choke them apart but that would not be an option with a bigger dog )) It can cause more damage, I also was watching it waiting for the dog to let go and turn on the owner, thank god that did not happen, supports the DA not human aggresive point...
Old 04-13-2008, 07:09 AM
feel the magic

This is why I work d@mn hard to make sure Ella NEVER gets out of my house without me. Because she would do that.

No, pit bulls do NOT need to be trained to attack another dog. They are good dogs, some just have idiot owners.

That video was confusing to me. I don't know who was responsible for what, if the guy pulling on the blue dog's scruff was the owner of the two dogs being attacked or if he was the owner of the brown dog.

As much as I LOVELOVELOVE pit bulls, I would HATE to encounter a loose one if walking my dog.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I think the guy pulling the dogs apart was the owner of the blue and the black pit bulls. I think the brown one was the one who got out. I'm pretty sure, in any case.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 AM
feel the magic

I wonder what happened to the blue one's collar? If the dog had a collar on, he could have choked the dog off the brown one. I know the brown one was the offender, but the blue one had a hold, at the end, of the brown one.

The dog might've slipped her collar in the scuffle. That's an awful situation.