Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Oh boy... well... I didn't have any say so on what all my other dogs were fed. That was my parent's choice. So... it was Pedigree for my labs when I lived in California and Purina for Cheyanne when I lived in New Mexico and had her.

Bamm is currently on a mix of EVO and Innova. He's also going to be getting some raw.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Top Dog

Hmmmm, from Iams (blah) to Nutro (blah again!) years ago, and now a rotation of Innova or Eagle Pack Holistic. But have tried California Natural, Evo, Chicken Soup, and a few other pretty decent brands.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Big Dog

I used t feed kibble, I now feed raw.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Lord Cynical

Ilsa and Ronin came to me on Purina Pro Plan. Ilsa now eats TOTW Pacific Stream, and Ronin is eating Innova right now. My breeder game me a bag of EVO (yellow bag) so he'll get that after his Innova is gone.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 04-26-2008, 10:23 PM
not so newby

When I first got 2 of my dogs I fed them Science Diet because I thought it was the best out there...after actually reading about the different dog foods I switched them to Natural Balance. After coming here I heard a lot about Canidae and switched them that, I was happy with the results, however after a few months their poo started getting runny and their stomaches didn't handle the Canidae to well. Had it just been one, the vet would've thought it was some type of stomach issues. However it was all 3 that were having issues. He suggested a lamb and rice formula and see how it went from there. I have recently switched all my dogs to Eagle Pack Holistic Lamb and Rice formula. I'm much happier with the results I'm seeing my 3. They all LOVE it, and it seems to agree with all their tummies, including my boy with a sensitive tummy.

And it was actually my vet who recommended Eagle Pack, I was completely floored.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Let it be

Shelby ate grocery store brand food. Usually Alpo. Then in her later years she was switched to a medical diet the vets suggested. The boys were on that no name grocery store brand crap when I first got them. It was liquid out the butt. Knowing something wasn't right I started researching why it was happening to them. After realizing the reason and why Spanky was probably so thin I decided to make them their food. It's been that way ever since. I do feed EVO every now and again but I like making them their yum yums.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

My parents fed the family dogs whatever cheap foods they happened to buy. When I got my first dog on my own, I read forums before getting her, so I started her on Chicken Soup. Right now I'm feeding Taste of the Wild to my current dogs
Old 05-04-2008, 11:42 PM
~Lisa~

Growing up it was IAMS, then money issues made us go to ol' roy. Blaze is my "first" dog as in I pay everything for him (bought him too). the other dogs were family pets/members So he too started on some ol 'roy, thas what the other dogs were on. Then I decided to feed him IAMS as that is what I thought was a good food, hey the commercials tld me lol. He has been on many foods (trying to figure out what works best with him.). He is on kirkland now as it seems to work the best with him. So I will keep him on it.